JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the situation...
My buddy and I are planning on driving to ejs next year from spokane. We were originally going to just take my 2dr rubi, but now he is buying a 4dr and wants to take his too. Were trying to make the trip as cheap as possible and were thinking about the possibility of flat towing my Jeep behind his. Has anyone done this? Is there any issues I should be worried about? I don't own a towbar nor do I know how to attach it without a flat front bumper. It will need to attach to a smittybilt xrc stinger or under it? Just want to know if this is a good idea or not.
Thanks!

sent via ur mums fishtank

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops

I meant towing a 2dr with a 4dr. Sorry about that

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ah, I dont think I would do it. The added cost of fuel and the additional wear and tear on the rig doing the towing, not to mention the safety aspect of it would be far more than simply driving both rigs. Conservative driving practices on a long highway roadtrip will net pretty decent fuel economy. If you are thinking of doing this to have company (someone to talk to) along the way, use your CB's. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking too. I don't need company I drive a truck for a living lol. We were both going to go but just take my rig. Only problem os he's buying his own soon (which is kinda the opposite of problem) and wants to take his too. Maybe we'll take mine this year and his next time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We should keep in touch. We have group from the Seattle area planning to drive down next year as well. CONVOY!!! :)
Sweet! We got a big ol' convoy, rockin through the night... sounds like a plan to me. Ill throw u a friend request when I get to the computer not sure how to do it on tepatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts