JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some money to burn and was wondering what to get next. Here's what I'm running. Teraflex 2.5 lift kit, Goodyear Duratracs 35's on stock 4.10 gears and automatic trans for over a two years now. So far I've been pretty happy with performance but I know my JK is lacking some power. Should I invest on a Flashpaq to make things easier? Part of me wants to get "fun" cool stuff to make it look bad ass. But something tells me to invest on performance instead. Any suggestions.:thankyou:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
What's your budget?

With the auto, the FP will make a huge difference from what I've read. I've got a 6spd, though, so that is NOT first hand experience. I'd trust it, though.

"Look cool" stuff is nice, but (depending on your budget) the FP probably makes more sense.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I borrow my buddies FP and I will say this if you are still using your stock gear ratio , get the bumper because you wont notice to much , now if you regeared and your computer was using the old ratio I would say get the FP

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
I wouldn't call a Superchips much of a "performance" gain, it's more like a 20mph tailwind lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One day I hope to have enough cash for gears. That way I can get it right and forget it. 4.10's are ok for now, I was curious about a Flashpaq and it's uses. Spending $330 for a new one then leaving it in a drawer seems like a waste.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
One day I hope to have enough cash for gears. That way I can get it right and forget it. 4.10's are ok for now, I was curious about a Flashpaq and it's uses. Spending $330 for a new one then leaving it in a drawer seems like a waste.
Buy a used one, i found mine for $200.
As for the useless comment, I guess more Horsepower, tire size adjustment, tpms control, shift points for an auto and more would be useless.

Message spread by Paul Revere

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you are gonna buy a used FP just confirm with the seller that it is unlocked. I've seen a couple people get burned and have to pay an extra $100 to get it unlocked. I shopped around for awhile before pouncing on an unlocked one for $200

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.