JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right kids lets hear it. I need to get one of these and I want to hear what everyone thinks. I've been doing my own reaserch but I want to hear the gangs opinion too. Which ones do you like / dislike?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I had a Superchips on the 3.8L. It performed as expected. I didn't think I would get 50 MPG or V8 performance. Just an improvement over stock, and some nice features to boot. The Flashpaq delivered. I would recommend.

Using a ProCal now, due to the engine swap. So can't comment on the performance aspect of it, but having to flip DIP switches and having to do math to figure out how to input tire sizes are a couple of cons in my book. It has some features the Flashpaq doesn't, but for ease of operation, I think the Flashpaq wins.

AMP

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I use a SuperChips FlashPaq and very happy with it. I did use an Hypertech for a while and no real issues with it, but the SuperChips offers more functionality in my view.

The AEV Procal is not a tuner, but it will allow you to correct the tire size which will help with shift points in an auto.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I run a Superchips on mine (updating it right now, actually :)), and had one on the wifey's. Noticable fuel economy and power gains- nothing huge, but every bit helps :) Easy to use, and great customer support- Mark W.

·
Registered
245 Posts
One more vote for Superchips. It corrects the speedo, improves shift points, boosts acceleration, and makes for better drive-ability.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Superchips and it works as advertised. I like that they took user input and added the feature to have transmission temperature added if you gave them your serial number. They only display twenty functions, as I remember. I run 35s and 5.13 gears, so of course it is nice to be able to adjust your speedometer to those changes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Received my Superchips last night, updated it and programed the first setting to my size tires and 91 octane performance (currently filled with 87 oct gas), but it did have some noticeable pep, haven't tried it at highway speeds yet. What setting have some of you seen the best road performance and how is the performance on the fuel save setting?

·
Registered
391 Posts
All right kids lets hear it. I need to get one of these and I want to hear what everyone thinks. I've been doing my own reaserch but I want to hear the gangs opinion too. Which ones do you like / dislike?
I have a used Superchips in the for sale section it is an old listing
pm me if interested. It was removed to install a Super charger that uses a different programmer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts