JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Jeep. No codes stored or check engine light. Periodically rather it sits all night or I run a quick errand it will take it a little longer than usual to start. It almost seems like it skips just a little. I did replace the ignition switch a month ago which did not seem to help. Battery is good as well as starter. The only two things I'm thinking are Crank sensor or Cam but with having no codes not 100% on that. I do know a bad fuel pump can cause it as well but, it runs fine. Though neither sensor is expensive I don't want to throw parts at it either in hopes it fixes it. Any suggestions? 170k

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The battery did test bad when I had my alignment done. It starts fine but, could that cause it to have a longer crank time? It doesn't drag on me. I had an 05 LJ that started throwing weird codes when it's battery tested bad but, it also started just fine as well.

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,433 Posts
You dont need to go back and blow away your original post. Otherwise there's no context and the thread is useless for other people who are looking for help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2008 Jeep. No codes stored or check engine light. Periodically rather it sits all night or I run a quick errand it will take it a little longer than usual to start. It almost seems like it skips just a little. I did replace the ignition switch a month ago which did not seem to help. Battery is good as well as starter. The only two things I'm thinking are Crank sensor or Cam but with having no codes not 100% on that. I do know a bad fuel pump can cause it as well but, it runs fine. Though neither sensor is expensive I don't want to throw parts at it either in hopes it fixes it. Any suggestions? 170k
Could check fuel pressure. From memory pipes coming from the tank are solid PP pipes so unless you cut a piece out and replace it with say 300mm of rubber fuel hose, you could at least clamp that section over night to see if it starts better.
If it does on a repeated basis then I’d go for non return valve on pump and replace individually with generic one. Under $10 last time I looked. This is all of course based on the fact you haven’t got a fuel pressure gauge with 3way tap or can at least hire or borrow one.
Good luck, keep us updated 👊

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could check fuel pressure. From memory pipes coming from the tank are solid PP pipes so unless you cut a piece out and replace it with say 300mm of rubber fuel hose, you could at least clamp that section over night to see if it starts better.
If it does on a repeated basis then I’d go for non return valve on pump and replace individually with generic one. Under $10 last time I looked. This is all of course based on the fact you haven’t got a fuel pressure gauge with 3way tap or can at least hire or borrow one.
Good luck, keep us updated 👊
Similar problem here. ‘11 Wrangler 3.8l but I do get a random multiple misfire P0300 code. Fuel pressure tests show leak down on both sides of the gauge. Cleaned butterfly on both sides. Pulled injectors and cleaned them with Seafoam and sprayed brake cleaner through them hooked up to a 9v battery. Resistance is equal on all injectors at just under 5000 ohms, I think. Hooked fuel line back up with injectors out, cranked it til each one was spraying then checked for leaks. Had some seepage but nothing that would drop pressure from 58 psi to 20 psi in 2 minutes and all the way to zero in 10 minutes. Plugs are less than a year old maybe 15k on them. No Joy. Crank and Cam sensor replaced with Mopar parts. No Joy. PCM reflashed at dealer. No Joy. New plug wires(Duralast). No Joy. New coolant sensor (NAPA). No Joy. MAP sensor looks like a newer one without the attachment bolt holes. Smoke test for vacuum leaks, nothing noticed. One time I did see my number two plug wire arc over to the alternator. This caused me to replace the plug wires. Next up is to drop the tank and inspect the pump and sock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts