JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a spyntec kit from solid axle. Drove out and matt custom drilled one for my axle with 8x6.5 bolt pattern and 9/16ths studs.

i had to find some m14x1.5 bolts to swap in since my unit bearings had studs that were FROZEN into the unit bearings. But once i found those install went pretty easily.

and for those that saw my rig last time out, i was short a few lugs lol

anyway, install was pretty straight forward, and it's really nice no longer having to worry about sloppy unit bearings or 30 spline shafts snapping

30 vs 35 spline

bye bye poopy unit bearings and lockout hubs

hello sexy spindle with 35 spline and flanges

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have u ever broke a 30 spline outter on that rig ? And are you running 40s or larger tires.
yup on old style (yuch) 40" mtr's. i don't even know when it happened. we were just cruising down the trail and it started to struggle. then i realized my one front tire wasn't spinning. i never heard a snap or anything:

I also killed a warn hub once too.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thanks was just wandering causeI will only be on 37s for awhile. Least the outters and hubs act as a fuse keeping the main shafts intact. And you can get a stub at most auto stores if need be.

Those 35spline stubs are huge

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
yup on old style (yuch) 40" mtr's. i don't even know when it happened. we were just cruising down the trail and it started to struggle. then i realized my one front tire wasn't spinning. i never heard a snap or anything:

I also killed a warn hub once too.
After he killed the 30spline he killed a few trees

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Have the same setup on my ford 60 and it works great. I got new studs from the local ford dealership. I like how it uses a standard ford outer length.

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks was just wandering causeI will only be on 37s for awhile. Least the outters and hubs act as a fuse keeping the main shafts intact. And you can get a stub at most auto stores if need be.

Those 35spline stubs are huge
it should be fine. I wasn't breaking them on a regular basis. Plus i have a stroker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.