JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
saw somebody do it on one of the forums. looks ok actually and not to hard. I have a stock TJ bumper laying around I may give it a try.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really?
no adapter plates needed or anything, just hook up some new holes?
Im not worried about a winch or anything. I just mainly need a bumper to mount my front plate to and mount lights to as the stock bumper is not conducive to either.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
once you get yours off and take a good look at what your doing it will come to you you just hace to center the bumper mark the bottom where it needs to be notched then go from the back and mark your holes to drill bolt it down and viola your done it will even allow you to keep your factory hooks if you want :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
aftermarket?
orly?

i just cant justify 600+ for the same bumper that is 4-500 for a TJ
who has an apple to apple tj and Jk bumber? I don't see a price problem

·
Registered
630 Posts
then look around

Th bumpers are sometimes hundreds cheaper
and cheap designs that look nothing like the JK counterpart. Like I said show me an apple to apples comparison on price.

Jk is larger, most bumpers have style instead of 2x3" stock that paying more then the price of steel for is a rip off. Thats what makes me laugh. The guys who will pay 2-300 for a TJ bumper that is nothing more then a stock of steel with end caps.
The JK takes more steel, more man hours, more everything. Not like a company is trying to profit more off of a JK owner.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if thats what you want to think go for it
dude on base has a bumper on his TJ that is what i want on a JK.

when i get time ill post a pic, but it only cost him 350 bucks. and its help up for two years or so of abuse

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still not Apples to Apples the link for the JK is for a "XRC Armor Rear Bumper" with Hitch and Tire Carrier" the TJ is for "XRC Rear Tire Carrier Bumper" that clearly states ".Bumper is designed to accept the Smittybilt Swing Away Tire Carrier #76654.The swing away tire carrier can be added to the bumper at anytime" which is 249.99. So when you add that too the bumper its 679.98 vs. JK version @ 899.99 so you have a 130 bucks diffrence is all which isn't half the price. I am sure the diffrence is as stated before due to either more metal to fab also the JK version only fits 7 years worth of jeeps currently where the TJ version fits 20 years so their profit margin probably isn't as high since the have a higher chance to sell 1 of them vs 1 of the JK version.

·
Registered
913 Posts
if thats what you want to think go for it
dude on base has a bumper on his TJ that is what i want on a JK.

when i get time ill post a pic, but it only cost him 350 bucks. and its help up for two years or so of abuse
With some of the aftermarket TJ bumpers you will have to cut the plates off of the front of your frame rails. It isn't a bad job at all. I put a genright TJ bumper on my buddy's rig and plan to do the same with mine. It turned out great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.