JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I brought a X spec JK I did not get cruise control, so after having a look on ebay I found www.jeepsareus.com and got a cruise control kit from them.

It was straight forward to fit apart from getting the airbag removed from the steering wheel, "put a screw driver in and twist" yea right :pissed: After I relised that the cowling that was covering the release clips was going to be changed I cut the sides out and was able to release it. After that it took about 15 minutes to complete.:D

That another item to tick of the list.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Good going Steve, you saved some coin and you did it yourself.
We don't need no stinkin' dealer!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also added the factory cruise control. The hardest part was getting the clips up off the post. I ended up cutting the cowling off... Since it came with a replacement. After cutting off cowling it all became much clearer as how those little clips worked. Quite a pain in the @ss. Relatively easy after that just follow instructions. works very well. Thanks for the right up.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Well as I brought a X spec JK I did not get cruise control, so after having a look on ebay I found www.jeepsareus.com and got a cruise control kit from them.

It was straight forward to fit apart from getting the airbag removed from the steering wheel, "put a screw driver in and twist" yea right :pissed: After I relised that the cowling that was covering the release clips was going to be changed I cut the sides out and was able to release it. After that it took about 15 minutes to complete.:D

That another item to tick of the list.

Post up how the cruise works at highway speeds with the 4.10s. I have a buddy that says his cruise has a real hard time keeping up. He is running 3.73s on 35s with a 4" pro comp.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got a stock rubicon, manual tran, so can't speak for lift and 35s, but the cruise control rarely lets me down. It's fine on the highway 65 or 70, sometime have to downshift to 5th going up a hill (for big hills, the little ones it doesn't matter).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have 33's with 4.10's it seems to work fine, had a long run out to East Germany last year. Seems to pull well, have even switched it in a 40mph in top on a section of highway near me and it seems to handle it okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts