JKOwners Forum banner

This for a 2 dr, PSC Fully armored, 37's, you get it.

• Warn xd900

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Warn M800

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Mile marker Vsx9.5

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Ramsey - suggest model

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others - HELP

Votes: 7 23.3%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help, and want to make the right choice, i will be converting it synthetic MASTER PULL Superline XD. That I know for sure.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Poll fail.
I have a Warn XD9000 and its pretty good, a little slow but they all are to someone as impatient as me.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I personally like the controller on the Warns better than the Mile Markers- but both are great companies. For simplicity, I would go with the M8000.

Currently running with an older Warn 8000xi. No complaints......other than the fact that I made a pull one time and the strength of the Warn, wound up twisting the frame rails on my LJ, and the winch wound up contacting the grill. :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally like the controller on the Warns better than the Mile Markers- but both are great companies. For simplicity, I would go with the M8000.

Currently running with an older Warn 8000xi. No complaints......other than the fact that I made a pull one time and the strength of the Warn, wound up twisting the frame rails on my LJ, and the winch wound up contacting the grill. :)
DAMB!

Reason I put mile marker - is because of the solid state.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Winch comparison usually include the Superwinch EPi9.0. It gets good reviews and in one of the magazine winch shoot outs it was given 2nd place to Warns 1st place....the catch is that is was much cheaper than the warn it was compared to.

Just an idea. It's worth researching.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Warn M8000. Get it and forget it...until you need it..then you know it will work. It's a WARN, nobody I know has ever had a problem.
There are WARN winches still around from the 80's people are using.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I just though it might be too big of a winch for a two dr, and site says coming soon.
can never have "too much winch" IMO. i see the site says that too... but i've been quoted a few times from Vendors. hit up a local JKO vendor here they might have them in stock. HITMONEY runs a V-10... he should be able to give it a review for you. I plan on running the V-12... will be my spring present to Rubi when I take it out of storage.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can never have "too much winch" IMO. i see the site says that too... but i've been quoted a few times from Vendors. hit up a local JKO vendor here they might have them in stock. HITMONEY runs a V-10... he should be able to give it a review for you. I plan on running the V-12... will be my spring present to Rubi when I take it out of storage.
That's true, go big or go home. :D thanks

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys, I founded a warn 9.5XP for $850. The gentlemen won it @ Top Truck Challenge. I searched and he's legit. Advice!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts