JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested all the Rubicon gear last Saturday. Barely 1 week after picking it up.
Also, found out she handles water almost half way up the door no problem.

When I got home I found some mus on the water pump. :D

Scrubbed the plastic on the front bumpah climbing up the "parking lot rock."

Pictures and video to follow this week.

Can't wait to get it lifted and fitted with TRXUS MT 37x12.5.
I'll put the stock wheels and tires up on Craig's list after I do that.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Uwharrie is blast, I just hate the 5-6 hour drive to get there. :)

I'd guess that 95% of the club I wheel with are TJs, and they love teasing the JK folks. Doesn't help that almost all of the JK folks (like me) are total newbies to wheeling. :D

It was so nice watching some of their expressions when my "station wagon of a Wrangler wanna-be" (Unlimited Rubicon) had NO problems scrambling up the harder-side of Dickey Bell.

Since that last trip, I've gone from 32s to 35s, and hopefully I will have gone from a 2.5" TF coil lift to a 3.5" AEV lift. Next trip is the first weekend in October, can't wait! :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm jealous that you live so close. lol Can't wait to see your pics! How'd the scrubbing go? I still have lots of my JK that seem to be permanently the color of Uwharrie mud now!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Made my first trip out there yesterday as well. I think we spoke:beer: and I hope to find some pics from different folks that were out there yesterday.

Here's a quick pic of my rig from yesterday. Hoping to get some more of our group pretty soon.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Aristobrat, that is the hole. I was easy in of the left side (in your picture) moving forward. The drop is faster than I thought. A lot of fun.
The AEV Snorkel in on my list.
@ Rock, I was there Saturday. Were you there Saturday or Sunday?
The Crushers look good. I'm still waiting to see what the Metal Cloak look like.

·
Registered
227 Posts
@ Rock, I was there Saturday. Were you there Saturday or Sunday?
The Crushers look good. I'm still waiting to see what the Metal Cloak look like.
Yeah, just noticed that you stated Saturday. I was actually out there on Sunday and there was a guy w/ 2010 rubi that he had just purchased as well. Funny that so many buy and head straight out to Uwharrie! I've only had mine for a few months but as you can see the mod bug has hit hard. Had a great time though and you guys did right by going w/ the stock equipments first as I was amazed at how well the stock rubi's where doing. As for mine w/ the rock krawler lift, beadlocks and 37's aired down to 8 psi - Simply floored by how well she did:bounce:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Cool, I'd like to see more pics!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got one picture from the trip.
The Parking Rock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts