JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a local trail near my house that is pretty bad. (IMO) I got to the first obstacle and my jaw dropped. seeing all of the 3 ft plus ruts gave me a bad feeling about it. But I figured I would try it.
The JK handled so great I couldnt even believe it. (A few years back my 88 4runner on 35 couldnt even make it)
I listened to alot of everyone on here that said wheel it stock to see what it has before upgrading and I did just that.
It was at night and I was the only vehicle out there with two other buddies so sorry for the crappy pictures.
If anyone around the area wants to go just let me know and Iwill show you to it
There are plenty of spots on the trail for the big boys.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
These are still some of my favorite kinds of posts and pictures.

Always great to see guys testing the ability of a stock vehicle.

Cool pics too.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I agree too, but try not to go out alone (as in only vehicle). Nobody to help you if you happen to get stuck... That's a lesson you don't want to learn on your own. :thankyou:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree too, but try not to go out alone (as in only vehicle). Nobody to help you if you happen to get stuck... That's a lesson you don't want to learn on your own. :thankyou:
I had a come a long :suicide:
I agree with you but some one would come save me. I hope.......

After the trip my front end started shaking very bad and I checked every bolt and nut. Turned out mud caked on the inside of the wheel threw it off balanced... lesson learned

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Looks like a good time. I remember the first time i took mine out, i was surprised at how well it did with no lift running 33" tires.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a good time. I remember the first time i took mine out, i was surprised at how well it did with no lift running 33" tires.
The two guys that went with me were in shock. You cant tell it by the pictures but it is rough I have seen some yotas not even be able to do that with a few hundred dollars on after market stuff.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Good stuff just be careful of high centering that beast the gas tank skid and trans crossmember are only about 10" off the ground stock. I have trails like that as well and I drug my 2 door quite a few times when it was stock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good stuff just be careful of high centering that beast the gas tank skid and trans crossmember are only about 10" off the ground stock. I have trails like that as well and I drug my 2 door quite a few times when it was stock.
Yeah I did high center it one time going up a hill and slide into the ruts. So I had to turn around and go back the way I came. No shame in getting beat every once in awhile.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
These are still some of my favorite kinds of posts and pictures.

Always great to see guys testing the ability of a stock vehicle.

Cool pics too.
Ha! My '14 Rubi had 40 miles on it when I put it under the knife. After owning a modded JK in the past, I was actually embarrassed driving the stock Rubicon. Seems stupid but that is just the way it was.

OP - great job wheeling the stock JK. On my first wheeling trip last month, there was a guy in front of me on the trail in a 100% stock JK Sport 6sp. He had years of wheeling experience and made it everywhere with the group.

Where are you in North GA? You need to join http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php and come wheel with us.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Great to see you out using your Jeep first, I haven't been in a rush to spend tons of money to upgrade what already just plain works. Thanks for sharing, I enjoy seeing these kind of pictures too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts