JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,296 Posts
yup. i agree with the above. i wouldn't waste money on the TBS or CAI. also would recommend going with the hypertech programmer, but unless you plan on running 93 octane gas, just get the one that only programs speedos for tire size changes. if you aren't running premium fuel, the "increases" in performance are little to none.
you shouldn't need a body lift with a 4" lift.
with wheels that have 5" backspace, you may have to get some wheel spacers to prevent rubbing your tires.

welcome aboard! i can see you now have a money pit as well!

· Registered
1,296 Posts
Guys thanks for the help and the welcome!!! I live in New England so I do alot of muddy, wet, and rocky trails in the woods. Lots of fun!

Mcnaught would it be better if i got a 4.5" backspace? because they offer that too. I read on Rough Country that 4.5" backspace was necessary so I thought 5" would be better. Correct me if Im wrong before i make a mistake.

Also I was looking for a performace upgrade because i know that with all the added weight of tires my rig will be slower on road... any other suggestions?
yeah, you want 4.5" or less backspace - that means it pushes the wheel outward more.

other than a supercharger, which is $$$$ there isn't anything that will really give you a noticeable boost in power. getting lower gears (higher numerically) will give you a good boost in useable power - which i would recommend when going up to 35" tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.