JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Where in New England are you? I'm outside of Boston.

I'd go with what the others have said and skip the budget boost/body lift. Get yourself a proper lift with springs, control arms, etc. I'm a big time advocate of Poly Performance stuff. You can't go wrong there.

As for your wheel and tire choice. STAY AWAY from AT tires if you plan on wheeling in New England. The typical trail here in the northeast will gum up the typical AT tire turning it into a slick. You will kick yourself for not having gotten a real mud tire. Trust me on this. I know from experience... :shaking:
If you ever choose to go bigger in tires you'll find that there are a lot more options available in 17" than in 16".

If you've got the cash plan on spending some money on re-gearing. I've been living with the Rubicon 4.10 and 35" tires and I cannot wait to re-gear.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I live in CT. Always lookin for good places to go wheeling if you know of any in CT or nearby states.
I want to regear as well man. Where do I go to get some 4.88s. Wanna do this soon too. Is there an online store or maker you reccommend?
I'm waiting on a pair of replacement axle shafts before I go wheeling again, but I expect to be going w/in the next several weeks. It'll either be in the western MA area, or down south to Rausch Creek.

As for vendors, I always use Trail Duty first. They are awesome beyond compare (and no, I'm not getting a kick back for saying this :laughing: :thefinger:). Trail Duty is run by a wheeler for wheelers and you can't beat that with a stick. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.