JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will need to install either a level kit or a slight lift to accomodate the weight of a bumper with winch. I see all kinds of other stuff in catalogs (arms, gears, programmers, etc.). What does a levelling or a "budget" lift require?

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
I will need to install either a level kit or a slight lift to accomodate the weight of a bumper with winch. I see all kinds of other stuff in catalogs (arms, gears, programmers, etc.). What does a levelling or a "budget" lift require?
Usually a "budget boost" or leveling pucks are just that - usually polyurethane spacer pucks that are stuck up on top of your springs to get a little more height. They work well initially as a cheaper alternative to a full coil lift, or as additional spacers on an existing lift when heavier parts are bolted on - like your new bumper/winch combo.

Some budget "kits" come with taller sway bar links, or shock extensions, or completely new shocks altogether. It will all depend on how tall you want to go and/or what you want your final outcome to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts