JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Rubicon, black, 2-door, 6-speed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine got an itch to do some sort of adventure recently. First it was a motorcycle trip to Alaska, then it morphed into off-roading. But he changed his mind and said he's got better things to spend money on. A month or so later he sends me a picture of a Jeep he bought! So I started looking for one. The price range I had in mind (<$18K) plus wanting nothing but a soft top, 2 door, manual made my search tricky. And most sold before I had a chance to go see them (there was nothing within 2 hours of me). The day before we were set to just go look at a couple that were automatics, I saw a black 2007 Rubicon pop up with <75k miles. Drove out first thing and test drove her.

Unfortunately I didn't realize the cruise control and one wiper didn't work and the top leaked quite badly... The Just Empty Every Pocket adventure begins!

Some new lights and LED bulbs have already gone in. Floor mats, shift knobs, and door sill protectors... I fixed the wiper! Also fitted an Alien sunshade. Cruise control is still out. Might need to replace the "Clock Spring"? Ordered a new top from Bestop. Then someone said it may just be my weather stripping. Oh well, money is spent and I'm sure the new top will be nice.

The day after I got it my buddy took me to some local trails. I was truly impressed. If someone had asked me if a stock Jeep (except for some KO2 tires) could have gone over the terrain I did that day, I would've laughed in his face.

A 2 - 3" lift kit with upgraded suspension, bigger tires (haven't decided... 33 or 35?), and front and rear bumpers are on the wish list.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Welcome, there's a lot of good "how to" here, most of the old school guys have moved on to irate4x4.com. If you have done some searching (the search feature here is meh, use google "did axle swap and need tone ring site:jkowners.com" for best results) and still need info, sometimes someone techy will respond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts