JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way and location to run wires through the firewall? I am getting ready to hook a few sets of lights and this is the last thing I need. Thanks to all of the answers you guys have given me on the other light issues that I had. :beer:

·
Registered
900 Posts
If yours is an auto, the wiring can pass through the hole normally used for the clutch cable. Or so I have been told.........haven't done it yet myself since working outside when it never stops snowing pretty much sucks. :pissed:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Open up your passenger door. Pop off the plastic panel on the side of the dashboard. If you look up inside the top side of the dashboard, right under the pillar, there's an opening that is filled with foam. Poke a long screwdriver through the foam and you have a place to run wires from your cab to the engine bay next to the battery.

I don't have any pics, but it's not too hard to find. Let me know if my description sucks and I'll try to clear it up.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Open up your passenger door. Pop off the plastic panel on the side of the dashboard. If you look up inside the top side of the dashboard, right under the pillar, there's an opening that is filled with foam. Poke a long screwdriver through the foam and you have a place to run wires from your cab to the engine bay next to the battery.
X2 That's what I did.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
A little trick to getting the side off of the dash. Take the Heating vent and rotate to the right (Maybe left) and then remove vent cover. You need to rotate the whole unit not the fins.

Then stick your fingers in and pop out the panel from the inside. This prevents any adverse breakage on the clips.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Open hood, drivers side look up & to the right on firewall, you'll see a 2" round aluminum foil looking circle, poke right thru there, what I did.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you for the answers. Looks easy.:smokin::beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts