JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installing my cb right now. I get it all hooked together and test for continuity in the mount and antenna stud. Sure enough there is. I double/triple check the diagram on putting it together and still continuity exists.

I take it apart again and test just the FireRing cable. Sure enough from one side of the FireRing to the other it is connected somehow. It should be hot and ground and not light up my continuity tester. Double check my cb side connection (pl259) and it is good to go.

Is it possible I go a dead FireStik FireRing?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is it possible I go a dead FireStik FireRing?

YES! I had a problem with mine. I used an ohm meter and took pictures of what I was seeing (connectivity between the inner and outer ring - where there should be none) and sent an email asking for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES! I had a problem with mine. I used an ohm meter and took pictures of what I was seeing (connectivity between the inner and outer ring - where there should be none) and sent an email asking for a replacement.

Thanks. Wanted to make sure it was DOA and not something I was doing. Now I have to get it out of my Jeep to send it back.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
mine was great at first too but then folks other than me and far less caefuful than me worked on the jeep and screwed it up. It is also hard to find local parts in a pinch and a little temperamental to setup contact-wise.

edit: pardon me.... mine had a dead short as well - caused by third party (body shop).

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had trouble with my fire ring too and ditched It in favor of a traditional connector. No problems now.
I first got a replacement, then did the same after moving the antenna from the side license plate bracket to the center of the tailgate. No issues.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might be worth it to go with the traditional connector and not have to send the stupid cable back. Just need to find a new stupid and connector, which would prolly be sources from truck stop or Radio Shack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts