JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some of you from Pirate already have seen my shat but not everyone here is a member on www.pirate4x4.com :thefinger:

This is Saiga 12, basically a 12ga semiautomatic AK47, its a neat toy :devil:
They "normaly" do not look quite like mine, they look like this:

Mine has been "slightly" modified by me.
HK G3 sights, Galil style charging handle, Galil folding stock with welded on base to work with an AK trunnion with a 4 flat braid wrap, cut handguard

as for the finish, its duracoat in WWII OD green and flat black in my "Zombie camo" pattern :animlol:

Close up

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wrap

turned the handle and knob out of 1 piece so no breakage

HK sights are almost MADE to be attached to AK dust covers. Too bad in a rifle it rattles to much for a good zero but on a shotgun it should be fine

There are companies that convert Saiga's for you like Tromix.
Nothing against Tromix, they make some sweet stuff, but if you know how to weld and do not fear cutting into a weapon, Saigas are not hard to build. They are just slightly "odd" AK's and I build those so the knowledge is nothing new.

Besides the cash saved from how much this Saiga from Tromix would have cost me I can buy a whole nother one :laughing:

If any of you guys are gun addicts just click the link in my sigline and you can see more of what I do. There is even tutorials on how to build AR's and AK's

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
AK

I want one…. I just picked up an AK-47 a few months ago. Love it. How do I get the 12GA?:D

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want one…. I just picked up an AK-47 a few months ago. Love it. How do I get the 12GA?:D
its a Saiga 12, any decent gun show should have a few and there are a bunch of vendors online. www.tromix.com will get you the "blingity finished" ones

That's bad ass.

If I send you my glock 23 can you make it look camo zombie too?
The whole weapon or just the slide?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My nephew said they were making a 20 round clip for these when we visited last. This shotgun is a blast to shoot. It is the quickest semi-auto shotgun I have ever seen or had the pleasure to fire. I plan on getting one but it is low on the list.
I love the camo pattern you did on it. Also I like the rest of the work. I did check out the site and found it intresting they offer a 8" barrel model. How do they offer a smoothbore with less than an 18" barrel? (Question open to all)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe if it's less than an 18" barrel it becoms an AOW and requires a small transfer tax. I can't remeber how much but I think it's only like $20 or so. Not the $250 transfer tax like for full autos.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My nephew said they were making a 20 round clip for these when we visited last. This shotgun is a blast to shoot. It is the quickest semi-auto shotgun I have ever seen or had the pleasure to fire. I plan on getting one but it is low on the list.
I love the camo pattern you did on it. Also I like the rest of the work. I did check out the site and found it intresting they offer a 8" barrel model. How do they offer a smoothbore with less than an 18" barrel? (Question open to all)
see below

I believe if it's less than an 18" barrel it becoms an AOW and requires a small transfer tax. I can't remeber how much but I think it's only like $20 or so. Not the $250 transfer tax like for full autos.
and its $200

IF the short barreled shot gun was manufactured AS A PISTOL with a pistol grip (no stock, no provisions for one) it is listed as AOW with a $5 tax if the same shot gun would have a regular stock it would be a $ 200 tax stamp.

Note: IF you get the pistol grip with AOW and then stick a regular stock you will be in violation of the NFA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts