JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my JK. 2008 JKU Rubicon. I believe the color is flame red. I call it fire engine red. I had planned to wait until my house sold but a bump in pay at work paved the way early. Still need to sell the house to fund the mod bug so i can give Marcus lots of money.

Now, anybody know how to store the front hard top pieces in the back of the Jeep without them tearing each other up?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I say, just throw em back there. It's only a short time before they get the first scratch. Mine are all scratched up, but they go on top of the jeep so you can't tell how scratched they are when they're on. But if you really want to, throw a towel in between them or bun-jee tie them to each of the side windows in the trunk I guess. I don't have a four door, not sure if they fit along side the window like that. And congrats on your new jeep.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Post your pics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know they are going to get scratched eventually, just rather it come naturally. The bungee idea just may work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hope that worked. Only pic i have. Just picked her up today.

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Congrats on the new JK and welcome! :beer: I always leave my top, front pieces at home. My '11 came with storage bags for those panels but I have never used them. Check ebay, maybe?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sweet rig, congrats! Sell the hard top and get a soft top:beer:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet rig, congrats! Sell the hard top and get a soft top:beer:
Normally that is what I would do, but this Jeep will also be used as a road trip vehicle to Colorado in the winter and I'm sure my wife will appreciate the quieter hardtop on the 800 mile journey with a 18 month old baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts