JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a locker in the front of my jeep. I installed a power trax geared locker in my d30. Probably took about 5-6 hrs total spread out over 2 nights and 1 morning using nothing but hand tools. There is hardly any noise and it works like a champ. Only thing was I thought it took a while to disengage after I shifted back into 2wd. Could just be because its new. I used a write up on the Aussie locker that I found in the tech write up dept to get all my torq specs. I used a cheap locker because i am eventually going to regear and switch out to either arb's front and rear or an e locker front and rear. 37 creepy crawlers coming on Tuesday. We will see how long that d30 will stay together. Anyway I am stoked to finally have both front tires digging again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm looking forward to future updates on this, I'm thinking of doing the same to my JK. Let us know how it does OffRoad!!!!

Can't wait to do mine!!!

Gus

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can help me fix it after a break it into 1000 pieces. How much gear oil should the front differential hold

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
You can help me fix it after a break it into 1000 pieces. How much gear oil should the front differential hold

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
1.4 quarts front

2.4 rear

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Congrats on getting that installed. Lockers are da'shit:beer:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to Gulches yesterday and wheeled with some of the Big Dixie Boggers. The locker worked flawlessly and I have to say that I am thrilled with the wheel base of the 4 dr. For those of you that know the park, the only 2 trails I didnt make it up were 3D and the one to the left. I cant remember the name of that one but I actually did not even try either one of those. They had major body damage written all over them. I will post up some pics and video as soon as I get them down loaded.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts