JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my prize home Sunday! After looking since last spring and finally ordering one in August, I ended up finding one on a lot after all last week.
I had to cancel my order:shaking:

It took me 17 hours to jump on a plane and fly 500 miles, sign the papers and then drive it the 500 miles back to home.

Not EXACTLY what I wanted, but close. The only thing I HAD to have was the 6sp manual...

2008 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door Rubicon Rescue Green/Slate GRey interior, 6 speed manual, dual top, 6 disk CD changer, Sirius SAT, power package, and deep tint windows... :D:D (pics sooner or later)

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Sweet nonetheless. Glad you finally got your JK! Where did you end up going?

Oh and where are the pics. :grinpimp:

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet nonetheless. Glad you finally got your JK! Where did you end up going?

Oh and where are the pics. :grinpimp:
I picked it up from McCune in National City south of San Diego. Did it all over the phone. They even picked me up at the airport. After I got home Sunday, I took my wife and kids out in it. My daughter has never driven a stick so we practiced a couple hours and my wife has never driven in 4lo, so I took her to a small area with a creek and some hills so she could try it out. They all loved it so much I had to take it to work today because I was afraid they would all skip out and take off without me :laughing:

I didn't think to take the camera.. another time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hey Toad, welcome to JK ownership. i had a similar situation when buying mine. been drooling over them since last summer/ fall. got the loan this summer and started calling/ emailing dealers that had what i wanted. i finally found one down in victorville on the lot. flew there, they picked me up at the airport. signed the papers and i was off. somewhere around 450 miles home. i actually liked buying it this way. i got to know the rubi pretty well on the drive back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome! glad you got your JK. Now enjoy it!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Toad gotta "Rubi" Toad gotta "Rubi",, "Congrats & Welcome".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts