JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my rock jock 60 rear and I'm just stuck on stupid drooling over this thing. I have a teraflex 4 inch lift with flex arms a teraflex rear track bar and fox shocks . I was wondering if anyone knows of any tips or problems that would help me on this axle swap or anything i might need to address before i bolt it in.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Set up a wrench weekend and you can get some hand installing it :). Will be far easier swap then a front

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
awesome! You didn't tell me it came in! :bounce: My Poly stuff came in today.....looks like we should be doing a BIG install party! :D

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I just had to shorten my rear drive shaft: measure and take it to a drive-line shop after the install. Make sure you set the studs in the rear axle flanges for the lug pattern you intend to run. The rear is a very easy swap.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll help you buddy, maybe we can TXROCK to help too, before he goes to Domi's. We can turn this into a party:bounce::beer:

The only problem is getting the Driveline done in 2 weeks in Hawaii, it'll prolly take a month.
Looks like you'll be a front wheel drive for the show.:thefinger:

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
I'll help you buddy, maybe we can TXROCK to help too, before he goes to Domi's. We can turn this into a party:bounce::beer:

The only problem is getting the Driveline done in 2 weeks in Hawaii, it'll prolly take a month.
Looks like you'll be a front wheel drive for the show.:thefinger:
Haha...you might be right on a month! Haha. Absolutely I will help! If we get started early I can help from like 7-9ish..... My son has a basketball game from 10-11am but free after the game until Domi's at 3! :D yall still coming over to help put in the front end parts/BS too? I will bring beer! After getting the gussets and track bar brackets welded, I am good to go with coming back over to finish the 60 install if we haven't finished before Domi's.....his work schedule and being free is the only time factor I have after 11am saturday. Let me know! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
desert dog and andre roughly how much did you have it shortened ?? do yall have two or 4 doors my 4 door rear pro comp shaft has about 6 inches of collapse left in it would that be enough to play with?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
desert dog and andre roughly how much did you have it shortened ?? do yall have two or 4 doors my 4 door rear pro comp shaft has about 6 inches of collapse left in it would that be enough to play with?
You should be fine, I had 4" of collapse left in my DS when I installed my Tera CRD60 and it only used 2"... & if I remember correctly that is about the same as when I did my front RockJock. :beer:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
You should be fine, I had 4" of collapse left in my DS when I installed my Tera CRD60 and it only used 2"... & if I remember correctly that is about the same as when I did my front RockJock. :beer:
So wait...you didn't have to shorten either of your driveshafts?
Also, what backspacing is everyone running with the 60's?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So wait...you didn't have to shorten either of your driveshafts?
Also, what backspacing is everyone running with the 60's?
No, but the Hemi made my drive shafts odd length to begin with.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Mines a 2 door, on the rear the DS is about 1.5 +/- shorter, the front ill find out soon..:smokin:

With these ill be running 4" BS - 17 x 9.5 wheels

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I'm wondering if I go 5 or 5.5 backspacing If itll save me from being to illegal on the street
Stupid PA laws
Or I wonder if I will have rubbing issues
(sorry to hijack)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm wondering if I go 5 or 5.5 backspacing If itll save me from being to illegal on the street
Stupid PA laws
(sorry to hijack)
I'm not worried about hijacking its under the same general area so ask away and get some good info every bit I get helps me with my build.:bounce:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Stupid PA laws
(sorry to hijack)
If you get 68.5" rear width you should be ok, if you have the 66" like most of us, you'll rub like crazy in the rear. I have 4.62" backspacing and the fender "just" covers the tread of the rear tires(nemesis fenders) bulge still sticks out... but any more backspacing than I have it would rub the tub while at full stuff.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Bump for more info

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well i got the 60 installed and here is what I found with drive shaft issues the shock mounts are able to be raise and lowered so I took my fox shocks and moved the mount up thinking it would allow me to use my entire shock seeing how before my bump-stops limited my up travel and that would also give me more down travel from my shocks. I have the pro comp drive shaft and yes more down travel meant the axel moved enough forward to completely compress my DS. so I had two options either get my DS shortened or the cheap fix was to move my shocks down back to factory mounting location on the axle side limiting my down travel which gave me 3/4 of and inch of room on DS at fool droop. I do plan on getting my DS shortened soon so I can get full use of my shock travel. Other than that had no other issues with installing the rock jock it was pretty strait forward only took a buddy and I about 3 hours to put in and tighten it all down using an engine hoist to lift the jeep body up a jack and some jack stands. by no means was that the safest way to do a swap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts