JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first year in a while I get to use some tax return money on me. So I decided to do some relatively inexpensive upgrades to my 09 JK (in the next week or so). I am going to be putting on 15x8 ProComp 98 series wheels, with 33x12.5x15 Duratracs. Also plan on putting on the 2.5" teraflex BB with shock adapters. My only concern is going to be installing the lift. I am not bad with tools but I am afraid I may not have the ones I need to get the job done. Are there any lift parties going on in the Houston area any time soon that I could wait for? Is it okay to run the 33s stock on road only till i get a chance to install the lift? Anyone done the BB before and care to join for a day of watching me swear at myself?

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
the 33's should be fine as it sits stock.

You're going to need some 15mm, 18mm wrenches/ratchets/sockets whatever and probably a set of coil compressors for the front springs.

know that if you can, take the bumpstops out before you try to take the springs off, it's kinda a booger, but it can be done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more I read into it the more I am thinking about just tossing on the teraflex leveling kit (since it looks easier) and calling it a day. I would prefer the stance of the 2.5 kit but saving 300 bucks isnt a bad idea imo. I am in the kingwood area. Going to bite the bullet once I get my return...which I was one of teh fortunate ones who did it Feb 1-9 so mine got delayed a LONG ass time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.