·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Oy vay...no me gusta...beaucoup dinky dao

·
Registered
387 Posts
What happens when you roll your Jeep?

I've never been a fan of putting lights over the windshield on vehicles that are susceptible to rolling. With the amount of damage that is incurred from a rollover, why add to it by putting lights in that spot? I think they would fare better mounted on the bumpers or the on the lower corners of the windshield.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am in the process of developing a light bar for the JK like the one I made for my TJ, it sits below the roof line, on the TJ one I used Hella lights.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No problem with glare, the reason is the Hella's lenses are recessed.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the idea of one that mounts on the front lower hinge bolts and runs across in front of the wipers...too much visibility lost?
I would think the glare off of the hood would be pretty severe.
I know some people have had trouble with hood glare from some of the windshield corner lights.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am in the process of developing a light bar for the JK like the one I made for my TJ, it sits below the roof line, on the TJ one I used Hella lights.

I'd definitley be intereted in a light like that. personally i don't like the ones that extend down on the sides and bolt into the bottom corners.

Also, I am guessing that you could put the lights on either the top or bottom of the bar as well?

Keep us up to date on your progress of this light bar.

Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Guys well I am hoping to have the protype done within the next 10 days, may have to tweak a couple of things, but as soon as I get it mounted I will post some pics.

·
Registered
899 Posts
So just curious, is this something that you would manufacture and sell to those that are asking?

And, would it be possible to get the bar withput the lights? I would like to get the bar as shown in the pic on the TJ but mount something like the 42" Xmitter light or multiple smaller ones to the top side.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes this is an item I am looking to manufacturer (I run FTE over here in the UK have been building Jeeps and parts for Jeeps for over 10 years), I have spoken to someone over there (USA) about being a distributor for this light bar, but it will come down to shipping costs. As to the exact guise it will sell in I am not sure, with lights or without, or maybe both.

As they say watch this space :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know some ppl have been looking for a bolt on lightbar
this one looks a little different and its kinda pricey at $329 but here it is

http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=13594
I have a hard time trusting a shop that says Warn's rear bumper/tire carrier's "regular price" is almost $1,700!! That's very similar to the way 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers inflates their ProComp tires (made by Cooper) then sells them "on sale" for what is really full price. Sorry for the rant but I think that some manufacturers (like Delta) are taking advantage of all the newbie people the JK has brought into the Jeeping world:pissed:. Delta used to be a really low priced company until the sand rails starts using them. Now they're pretending to be PIAAs (which they're not). I can't see spending over $700 for a light bar.

I do really like the FTE set up! That's nice, simple, clean, and doesn't remind me of a Tomb Raider Jeep. FTE, I know this is only a $40 worth of steel. Please keep the price reasonable.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW, bling rig there LOL. How bout the chrome around the side mirror. Not my cup of coffee either. HOWEVER... the FTE is right on point.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts