JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i posted a while back around SEMA time that Xenon was toying with making a narrower set of flares versus they're 1.6" wider than stock version you've seen so far...here is the final word.

"Several week ago we e-mailed you about our developing STOCK WIDTH Flat Panel Flares for the 07-08 Jeep JK.

AFTER FURTHER INTENSIVE RESEARCH WE ARE TOOLING THESE FLARES TO BE 1.5" LESS THAN STOCK OE FENDER WIDTH. They will be 2.1" less width in front and 2.75" less width in back than our current JK flat panel flares, Kit #8870 or #9010."

The flares will basically look like the flares below, only narrower.

4 door - http://www.rjroffroad.com/Xenon-Xtra-Narrow-Flat-Tubular-Style-Fender-Flares-for-07-08-Jee-c-434-p-1-pr-17010.html

2 door - http://www.rjroffroad.com/Xenon-Xtra-Narrow-Flat-Tubular-Style-Fender-Flares-for-07-08-Jee-c-434-p-1-pr-17011.html

SNEAK PEAK (prototype only, may end up looking slightly different)

·
Registered
401 Posts
What's up here? If you do the math, current production flat flares are 1.6" wider than stock and the new narrower one is 1.5" narrower than stock, that looks like 3.1" narrower than current the model not 2.1" & 2.75" less. ???? :shaking:

·
Registered
202 Posts
These definitely kick ass, and will be one of my next mods. I put them on my Christmas wish list I gave the wife. I hope they are on track for shipping in January! :smokin:

·
Registered
202 Posts
...Just so long as they cover the tread fully then the gov-ment be happy and I bees happy too! :smokin::laughing:
As long as you are running bone stock tires with no spacers it looks like the tread will be covered. Bigger tires and/or wheels or spacers and I guarantee you they won't cover them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as you are running bone stock tires with no spacers it looks like the tread will be covered. Bigger tires and/or wheels or spacers and I guarantee you they won't cover them.
Agreed, if you're running large tires and such, and you're worried about coverage, then you better run the wide version.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
re.flares

Looks like a smart move for those wanting metal tube fenders.....They do look more narrow than stock, their current are much wide than stock...so how about a set that are the same as stock????

I'm sorry they need a new jeep to represent their product line.........That white one is very bad...

Not in a good way

Jason

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I like 'em and I like 'em a lot. :smokin:
Unfortunately the state would have a conniption fit, so I'm going to have to go with the original wide versions, although the poster above asking about a same width version had a pretty cool idea. ;)

Question for you JR. What color are these flares before painting? Black, grey, white? Do they require painting? Somehow I had thought that they were black but the ones above are grey... :confused:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like 'em and I like 'em a lot. :smokin:
Unfortunately the state would have a conniption fit, so I'm going to have to go with the original wide versions, although the poster above asking about a same width version had a pretty cool idea. ;)

Question for you JR. What color are these flares before painting? Black, grey, white? Do they require painting? Somehow I had thought that they were black but the ones above are grey... :confused:
All of Xenon's shipped final product for flares is in black. It is not paint, the poly urethane is black when poured/injected.

Keep in mind thats a 37x12.50 and an aftermarket rim, not sure what kinda tire size you're using.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats a little too pricey for plastic in my opinion. They do look good though. I will wait a while and see what else comes out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that a marker light in the fronts too?
Yes it is.

Thats a little too pricey for plastic in my opinion. They do look good though. I will wait a while and see what else comes out.
Polyurethane actually, aka - won't crack and break when you tag them on something. The only next step up would be steel like Shaffers...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts