JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard anything about these tires? Took my JK to Discount the other day for a rotation and patch and the guy showed these to me. Not too bad lookin' and decently priced. Somewhere around $200-$250 for a 35x12.50-17 M/T.

Firece Attitude M/T

Their website "commercial" is pretty decent, too!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Never heard or seen them. Compare sidewall thickness, weight, how they wear off road (chunking) to others

+ you needed to patch a tire? Km?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That was me/my Jeep & a buddy in the red Jeep in the website commercial! I think they are good tires, I just can't get past the name! Haha.

According to my buddy at Goodyear they are the same rubber compound as the old MT/Rs & better in the mud than MT/Rs. Sidewall isn't as strong is the only downside.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Never heard or seen them. Compare sidewall thickness, weight, how they wear off road (chunking) to others

+ you needed to patch a tire? Km?
Yeah, picked up a nail on the way home from B-Port last Saturday. Go figure.....:pissed:

That was me/my Jeep & a buddy in the red Jeep in the website commercial! I think they are good tires, I just can't get past the name! Haha.

According to my buddy at Goodyear they are the same rubber compound as the old MT/Rs & better in the mud than MT/Rs. Sidewall isn't as strong is the only downside.
Nice commercial! Looks like you guys at least had some fun trying them out. They hook you up w/ a free set or anything?

The guy @ Discount didn't know too much about them, but thought they were actually made by Dunlop. He said they have a 6-ply rating, which isn't terrible, but many of the "better" tires are 10-ply like the MT Baja ATZ's we had on my '08 Xterra.

My other concern with them is how well they grip on rocks, etc. Not so much concerned with mud, as I try to stay away from it more often than not. Too much of a PITA to clean up afterward.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Yeah, picked up a nail on the way home from B-Port last Saturday. Go figure.....:pissed:
Ah. Plugs are your friend when off road. Airing down let's the tire conform, patches may not like to conform and come loose. Plug patches are nice, but with how thick off road tires are, plugs work for me. Had two in the sidewall of my stock km for a few thousand miles before going to km2s. No vw tires bud!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah. Plugs are your friend when off road. Airing down let's the tire conform, patches may not like to conform and come loose. Plug patches are nice, but with how thick off road tires are, plugs work for me. Had two in the sidewall of my stock km for a few thousand miles before going to km2s. No vw tires bud!
As bad as it probably sounds, so far, I haven't aired down when wheeling. Didn't want to lose any height since I'm already short on it to begin with. I'll have to pick up a plug kit I suppose for next time I go out.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
As bad as it probably sounds, so far, I haven't aired down when wheeling. Didn't want to lose any height since I'm already short on it to begin with. I'll have to pick up a plug kit I suppose for next time I go out.
It'll make a big difference. I do agree on your height being the biggest limiting factor now. Plug kit is a good idea, hated my stock kms! Lasted four thousand miles before the chunked apart off road and had three plugs in the set.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
GN beat me to it.....

Search actually DOES WORK :idea:
Unless you want info on a tie rod.:D

EDIT:
FWIW, I got my Goodyear Duratracs installed for 255/tire in 275/70R18, so they're right about the same pricepoint.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess I should've not been lazy and used the SEARCH button, huh?

Thanks for the links, though. Decent info in there.

Talked to my Goodyear contact and got a little info on them.

35x12.50-17 runs about $248 retail, which ain't half bad. I can get them a little cheaper on the "hook-up" price, though.

Load Range D, which puts them at an 8-ply rating. Not too bad for off-road driving. Rated a "10" for OTR driving as well. May have to seriously look into these come time for my lift.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Something else to consider as well.

If jeepaddons.com is still running special pricing and free shipping on Nittos, a 35x12.50x17 is about $290 each.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was planning on buying a set of the fierce M/T's once my 295/70/17 Nittos wear out. They look great in person!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, they're a pretty aggressive looking tire, although, I don't really dig the barbed wire around the sidewalls. But no one will really notice when they're covered with mud. And who knows? Maybe we can rub that off on the rocks. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Picked up a set of these week before last. Im only running 33's, but picked them up for $188 each. New to wheeling, but had no problems whatsoever last week when I went with some buddies that are all pretty experienced. Bottom line, Im diggin' them so far (except for the whole barbed wire thing LOL)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I know a guy that just got a set of these tires. They look pretty good in person. If I was looking for some 35s I'd probably get em. There real cheap too.

Sent from a Android on Tapatalk..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts