JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great...........the manufacturer of the world's least reliable automobiles is looking to buy a significant stake in Chrysler. At least the Chrysler dealer network already knows how to deal with pissed of customers whose crappy vehicles they can't or won't fix. Sounds like a match made in heaven. :D

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=amM1wjdFTH1E&refer=home

·
Registered
92 Posts
Years ago I owned a Fiat Spider 2000 124 type convertible. It was a great car. The engine seemed built very good and if you didn't run them like a tank they would last for years. I once went to 100 mph with the top off and still had pedal.... So, of all the choices.. the indian Manidiri or whatever their name is or Renault... I think FIAT is a better choice. Not a great one but better than the alternatives.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Not every dealer sucks and everything you read in a forum is one sided and must be true:bawling:

This partnership should help dealers with smaller more fuel efficient cars and access to Fiats dealer network as well..WIN/WIN

Jason

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not every dealer sucks and everything you read in a forum is one sided and must be true:bawling:

This partnership should help dealers with smaller more fuel efficient cars and access to Fiats dealer network as well..WIN/WIN

Jason
Ever owned an Italian car? I have. Several, in fact. To say that they make a Chevy Vega or an early Jaguar look reliable is a gross understatement. This isn't a win for anybody unless you happen to like pissed off customers. There's a very good reason that Fiat has tried and failed several times to establish itself in the US.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
You all think you have problems with your electricals now, wait 'till the '10 JK model year comes out...I hope Japan comes out with retro 2 door Land Cruiser soon...this is, like the new administration in DC, a lose, lose for the Jeep brand, as well as the country.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Almost forgot! Just a few years ago, GM chewed off it's corporate arm to get the hell out of a similar agreement with Fiat. As I recall, they left a metric Fawkton of money on the table in order to affect their escape. Ask them if it was a "win-win". :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think they (Chrysler) should see if they can get Trabant in on this deal somehow. :D

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Cerberus dosen't care

I think Cerberus found a sucker to invest in Chrysler so they can recover some of their losses. I bet Cerberus will eventually sell all of Chrysler.

And regarding all the electronics bugs in the JK, I see that Chrysler is coming out with a redesigned Sebring called the 200. It doesn't have a single mechanical switch. All the controls are touch screen. I like the idea but considering all the electronics issues myself and others have had and what I see as a lack of any real quality control, I expect these new owners will be visiting the service department often.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think Cerberus found a sucker to invest in Chrysler so they can recover some of their losses.
That's the interesting part.............Fiat hasn't invested one thin dime. Cerberus essentially gave them a 35% stake in Chrysler in exchange for some access to dealers and plant retooling. :shaking:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.