JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my PSC fenders are installed. I suspect there is a reason to cut down and reinstall the inner fender well liners?? Should I or not ??? any problems with wet weather if I do not??

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
I drove mine for a week without. Got quite a bit of mud in the engine bay. For that reason alone I would re attach mine. BTW, I didn't use the crappy plastic push rivets. I just ran a tap through the holes in the tab's and used a stainless bolt and washer. Just took a few minutes and will make any future removal and re attachment much easier.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove mine for a week without. Got quite a bit of mud in the engine bay. For that reason alone I would re attach mine. BTW, I didn't use the crappy plastic push rivets. I just ran a tap through the holes in the tab's and used a stainless bolt and washer. Just took a few minutes and will make any future removal and re attachment much easier.
Thanks.....thats the kind of info I am looking for.:smokin: I was worried about electonics....computer stuff.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Thanks.....thats the kind of info I am looking for.:smokin: I was worried about electonics....computer stuff.
I've been running without my liners for over a year and I play in a LOT of mud, no problems from running without the liners.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ive run without liners also for over a year .. no issues at all... i think it keeps the engine alittle cooler and its easier to reach in their and work on things :D

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I put my liners back in. That engine bay got nasty fast without them. I also didn't like the risk of the big tires kicking water up into the air intake, fuse box and TIPM. I'm much happier with the liners back in.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i cut about 90% of my front liners out and left only the part that covers the huge wire harness that goes to the computer. i didnt want to throw rocks and have it nick a wire or something.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I left my fronts in and rears out.... no reason really.
^^This

I think it looks better and helps keep alot of the shit out of the engine bay. IMO

·
Registered
866 Posts
Also keeps water out of the intake if you don't have a snorkel.
A friend didn't have them in a hydrolocked going through a puddle.
For me it is an excuse to get the air shears. Ha! Makes it easier to trim in place.

·
V8 dreams
3,569 Posts
what are you going to use to put them back in? took mine off tonight and think i will put the fronts back in after i get the psc's installed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts