JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pro's and con's on Xenon Fender Flares vs Bushwacker. I see there is a $150 dollar difference. But how about install and looks...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Personally I don't like the Bushwackers, but that's just me. I think they are too big and bulky. They also don't appear to give you any more tire clearance than stock.

I do like the Xenon's, but I would order the new narrow ones unless you have a law in your state that requires fenders to come out past the tires. The Xenon fenders will give you additional tire clearance.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Bushwacker flares for the JKs either. Those thinks look huge...way too much plastic. Also, they're not flexible like the Xenon flares. I had a set of Xenons on my TJ and they could take a beating and come back for more. :mr-t:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I think I am leaning toward the xenon. Plus they are a lot cheaper, $150 bucks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had the Bushwackers on my TJ and they cracked around some of the mounting holes. I was very careful and mounted them correctly and never banged them on anything to cause them to crack.:shaking:
I'd try the Xenons If I were you, the plastic seems to be less brittle and more pliable.
IMO steel tube fenders are not a good choice, as the JK frontal sheetmetal is so flimsy if you banged a tube fender into a rock or tree I believe you could experience main body damage. I'd much rather break a little plastic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts