JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my 2013 jk through some puddles of mysterious liquid about a week ago. At the carwash i noticed some stubborn milky looking stains on both back flares. After washing the jeep, the flares are still stained. I scrubbed them again and still no luck. Is there a product available to get the suckers clean?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
I didn't give the jeep a bath for at least the first 6 months we owned it. Then again about another 6 months later. I did just wax it about a month ago or so which was the first time since August 2011. Wear it proud man, it's just a stain on cheap plastic fenders. Your probably gonna catch a boulder somewhere and just rip it off anyway...lol. Adds character.

On a lighter note, try this; http://www.303products.com/main.php

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Careful with the heat gun. I've done that trick a few times to make my fenders black again but It really dries out the fenders and eventually they look worse than they did before using the heat gun.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Its wax and or soap that didn't get rinsed off before it dried in the wind tunnel. Pressure washer will work.

That happened to me once at the car wash. I haven't gone back as I don't want that happening again.

I just go to the self wash pressure washer.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mothers "Back to Black" works like magic on black fender flares. This is exactly what it is made for. They will look brand new, but wont have that annoying shine that some products like Armor All leave.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mothers "Back to Black" works like magic on black fender flares. This is exactly what it is made for. They will look brand new, but wont have that annoying shine that some products like Armor All leave.
Mothers brought my chalky 2007 fenders back black.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Mothers brought my chalky 2007 fenders back black.
The problem I had with mothers is it takes a whole bottle per application.... I like Lucas tire and trim better! Their interior cleaner kicks ass as well and it smells really good...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
303 aersopace protectant
Where do you get that at? I'll give it a try. I wonder if that's what a car wash by my house uses? Whatever they use is awesome though, one swipe and its done. It's lasting awhile too, so far 4 weeks...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where do you get that at? I'll give it a try. I wonder if that's what a car wash by my house uses? Whatever they use is awesome though, one swipe and its done. It's lasting awhile too, so far 4 weeks...

I got mine on amazon. Pricey, but worth every penny. It'll pull the dirt right out of the pores in the plastic and leave a nice dark shine. Also works as a sort of sunscreen for plastic.

·
Registered
990 Posts
or you can just replace them with powder coated steel fenders and not worry about the plastic again, i'm just say'n.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine on amazon. Pricey, but worth every penny. It'll pull the dirt right out of the pores in the plastic and leave a nice dark shine. Also works as a sort of sunscreen for plastic.
It is a sun screen....(not sort of ) It is Great, but not cheep.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts