JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. The other half was driving the JK and hit a deer, or more like she got out of the way and the deer ran into the side, stupid woods rats. Anyway, to all the hunters out there, try harder. ;)

But seriously, no major damage just loosened the rear drivers fender a bit by snapping some of those body clips. To get to it I need to remover the inner fender(wheel wells) and they are attached with those black plastic clips. I see no way to remove them without them being sacrificial. Anyone have any ideas or a mopar part number for some new ones? Thanks for all the help..:)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Removing those little fuckers is an art. You will have to more than likely buy some more. I would take it to auto parts stores or even lowes and home depot have plastic body panel clips. I would see if you couldnt find one that would work, I have had luck with that in the past for various other clips. Sorry dont have a factory part number or price for ya.

Edit: ^^^^ or you could go to that website.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. For the actual body clips I have a bunch of panel clips from doing all the car audio stuff. The longer ones seem to fit well. I will use that link and get some. Thanks again..:bounce:

·
Registered
305 Posts
A good resource for clips is:
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Chrysler_Jeep_Clips_Fasteners_Retainers_s/66.htm

If it is the clips I think they are I don't think you have to do much but pull some of the plastic pins to loosen the inner fender for access.

Get a pair of wire cutters ("dikes"), yes I said pair of dikes, and snip off the bit of those clips that are holding it through the quarter panel. Just reach up under the wheel well, you'll feel the part that is holding it in place on the inside, snip that off, put new ones in, and you're ready for more wildlife attacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts