JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got floored on a FedEx shipping quote!

Just a quote! From Summit to ship 5 Cragar wheels to Canada, Wheels with center caps etc came to $350 a decent price, then they wanted $770 to ship via FedEx, for a total of $1120

They got to be on crak to think someone is willing to spent almost $800 to ship a $350 item!!!!

Just a warning kids, don't let your parts guys do drugs!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
thats crazy, ship them to someone in the states and have them forward the wheels to you. I bet it would work out nicely.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Just a quote! From Summit to ship 5 Cragar wheels to Canada, Wheels with center caps etc came to $350 a decent price, then they wanted $770 to ship via FedEx, for a total of $1120

They got to be on crak to think someone is willing to spent almost $800 to ship a $350 item!!!!

So is:thefinger: UPS-Freight on crack. :shaking:Called for a quote to ship tires to Fl and they wanted $750.....No way I said. Made other arrangements with the buyer.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just recently got some soft 8's it cost me $320 for 4 shipped to my door. I think it was like $12 shipping. Summit is based out of GA so pretty close to my house. I even ordered Friday morning and got them Tuesday afternoon

·
Registered
182 Posts
Love the title of this thread!!!! Nice!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Wow, that's pretty steep!

Send me the info on the wheels you want and I'll put a quote together for you.

James

·
Registered
470 Posts

Ship them to me. I'll bring them to jeepbeach.:beer:

·
Registered
647 Posts
i just sent a 1 lb package a mile away in the same town and it cost me $12.00 UPS. Sent a 15lb package 120 miles away and it cost 9.00 UPS. makes no sense.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

It might be cheaper to drive south of the border and buy them from a store then take em home.Fuckin' ups/fedex are on crack;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
tape a few of those usps flat rate boxes together and try and have them stuff them in their. hahaha

on a serious note that is frazy. they are fucking nuts with those prices.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Like I was saying MIke. The only way around this is to find someone in the US close to the Canadian Border or a US border store that can accept your order for you, then take the trip down there yourself to pick them up. Then all you have to pay to bring them across is the taxes.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Just picked up tires.
5 OEM Rubi KM and mags.
270 to ship from Virginia to New-York.
25$ customs/import fees.

Even with shipping it costs less than buying local! :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Fedex Suks. They have broken or damaged 3 of the 5 packages I received in the past 6 months.

On a similar note to the thread, I had someone in New Zealand ask me for a quote to ship them something. USPS came in at $59, UPS came in at $85, and Fedex came in at $172, for an 8lb box using similar services. Lets see charge the person almost 3 times the amout as USPS and they might break it, I THINK NOT.

I avoid Fedex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts