JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or I guess more like my frame rails. Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior Jeep
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Car
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

Funny story I was high centered on a little hill and had no strap or anything so I had my sister use her tj to push me off the hill. Well soon after we were like two dogs stuck together, here front tow hook hooked up right under my bumper and well... Shit looks like I'll be cutting off the existing frame and welding up some new square tubing.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0l2rm5

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I installed mine not to long ago also and have been thinking about welding mine on for this reason.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Actually looks like it'd hold up a lot better if the bumper went through both lower portions of the bolt. Welding a plate to tie the lower bolts together would help a bunch.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Damn! That stinks. Like I've always said though, bolt up those burly bumpers to the frame that are quite a bit stronger than the frame itself, and guess what gives first! :suicide:

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Some Bitch!!!

After seeing the above, I may just do this!!!! Good call Goody!
I've got a quick/easy bolt on solution for this. Should have one made by the end of the afternoon. It will at least tie bolt bolts together pretty painlessly.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
That was the first thing I thought when I saw this carnage. Why did PS not at least "C" around the frame horns and then leave the rest open? Kind of a goofy design. Never noticed it before on install pics.

OP - that sucks man, it was supposed to protect and compliment your Jeep, not make more work and destroy part of it.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Or I guess more like my frame rails. View attachment 49777 View attachment 49778 View attachment 49779
Funny story I was high centered on a little hill and had no strap or anything so I had my sister use her tj to push me off the hill. Well soon after we were like two dogs stuck together, here front tow hook hooked up right under my bumper and well... Shit looks like I'll be cutting off the existing frame and welding up some new square tubing.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0l2rm5

Highlighted to reveal the real lesson that should be learned here.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I've got a quick/easy bolt on solution for this. Should have one made by the end of the afternoon. It will at least tie bolt bolts together pretty painlessly.
Anyway, simple plate welded to each other (plug welded in the middle as well) will tie the two bolts together. Much more efficient than how it comes....for just a simple bracket. [Ahem, Poison Spyder...]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.