JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD!

Never mounted! Set of four (4) soft 8s. I picked up a set of wheels & tires used so these are extra.

I'm willing to ship but you pay actual shipping costs from 11747. Ideally, you set it up with your FedEx or UPS account, or I'll drop them off at FedEx/UPS for you if necessary. I take PayPal (but you pay fee if using credit card).

They weigh 27lbs each.

From Summit, these are $47.95 each. I'd like to get $150 OBO (you pay actual shipping).

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/adamisadam/Jeep Misc/?action=view&current=IMAG0214.jpg

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
These are black, right? I might take 'em if so. And I'm in Jersey, so, shipping is unnecessary...

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I'll post up here, this is purely to help the seller.

I put these on my 08 X with 35" MTRs. We had to run lip weights because inner wheel weights will not work when stacked (the caliper knocks em off).

I put them on the Jeep, ran around for 3000 miles and pulled them to rotate them. All was good, no rubbing.

Ran another 3000 miles and rotated again. This time I had gouges in both front calipers but the wheels were not damaged at all. Steel on the soft caliper material = caliper go bye bye.

I have had no issues with these wheels other than this and have not taken a grinder to my calipers after noticing the marks. There is no rubbing now. LOL

I had pictures but that was before I blended my iphone.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yes firewalker, there is a good chance they will not fit, which is no big deal to me as I plan on grinding my calipers to make them fit. :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all. busy day so hard to post, but here goes:

There are new in box and never mounted as I said. I got these and was shopping for tires, then found a complete set of wheels and tires already mounted. So these are for sale. (and yes, they're black)

On some Jeeps they JUST lightly touch the calipers on the side. Most people just drive a few minutes and let the wheel/caliper grind off the 1MM needed. It's really minute. I was worried about the idea until I really looked into it. no biggie.

You can use stick on weights if you want, but just don't stack them. That's what i did on my pro-comp 1069's. Or just go traditional weights.

I will ship these if you want. your dime. I'll use your FedEx or UPS account and you can either schedule a pickup, or I'll even drop them off at one of the locations (but NOT my preference).

Two of these boxes were NEVER opened. They are strapped together, so shipping cost can be calculated by taking a box that's about 15" square, 8" deep, assume they're in pairs, so 15"x16". Weight is about 26lbs each (see initial post and I put the weight there).

As for who gets them? Well let's see: I lived in NJ for 2 years, and Texas for 3 years. Born and raised in NY. So I have no preference other than I like the idiea of no hassle. Or I can go by who posted first.

You guys tell me. I'm easy.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm here and paying attention, so, can I call dibs? Luck of the draw style? Save the hassle of shipping and all that jazz? I have my 35's in my garage waiting on wheels. :D

we probably posted seconds apart from what I can tell. but, i have the tires already and they are lonely.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. Can u pick up? I can't drive to jersey

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm sure that can be arranged. I have a bearing in my trans that is toast, but, can try to find my way out there with cash in hand. I will just take it slow.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks man. I have been on a hunt. I've had 35" crawlers sitting in my garage waiting for 15's for about a month and a half. Despite my failing trans, the wife would have shot me if I missed this one. I just hope it holds up for the trip to pick them up.
:beer:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
tom, if you can make it to morristown on Sunday morning we can take a trip up,

i knwo you are in a bind with the trans so you let me know and im more than happy to help out

and i was just gonna let you know about these

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
tom, if you can make it to morristown on Sunday morning we can take a trip up,

i knwo you are in a bind with the trans so you let me know and im more than happy to help out

and i was just gonna let you know about these
I might take you up on that Joe. I have never been to Long Island and have no idea where the hell I am going. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. I'm glad there are no hard feelings.

Getting here is easy. Traffic is another story!

From Morristown, well, if it were me I'd come really early on Sunday and take 78 then up to GWB to cross bronx to Throggs Neck to Cross Island to LIE (495) east to exit 50. Easy. BUT COME EARLY or the cross bronx will swallow you :pissed:

Or go 78 to Holland Tunnel through lower manhattan to Manhattan bridge (or any one of the three of them) to BQE to LIE to exit 50.

See, it's not the Island that's confusing at all, it's the city if you dont' know it. Either way, it's not that bad. I can be on the NJ side of GWB from my house in 40 minutes without traffic. WITHOUT traffic! ;)

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I might take you up on that Joe. I have never been to Long Island and have no idea where the hell I am going. :laughing:
hey tom if you guys come out to LI hit me up :D:beer:

and the best way to go is varazzano to the belt parkway to the southern state. i think thats the easiest, thats how i come/go to the pines at least. I think it be easier for someone whos never been here either- plus this way if you make a wrong turn you get to go down 5th ave and broadway :D lol im joking

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
from morristown they can take 287 over towards the george washington bridge too. plenty of options

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well i am 5 mins from the outer bridge and about 20 mins from varazzano/brooklyn. Though, if joe knows where he is going I am just going to trust his judgement. From the looks of things, we might be able to pull off Sunday, if that works for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts