JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to add a hard top to my soft top equipped JK. I am picking up the Mopar wire harness that allows me to turn on the rear wiper/defroster. It requires some adding/moving wires in various terminals and I'd like to know which tools you guys prefer for removing wires from terminals in our Jeeps. The kit from Lisle looks popular on Amazon. Which do you use?

Thanks for your time,
Tom

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Going through this myself. Figured it'd be less of a hassle if I let the dealer handle the install...they look up the VIN and get exactly what's needed as far as buttons/harness/switches. If it doesn't work, it's on them.
There are a few different "kits", depending on other installed options.
And, if you weren't aware, the dealer has to activate it with a "SalesCode" for it to function.
You could end up chasing your tail.

To answer the question, tho'...Snap-On. Never failed to remove various pins from various connectors.
Never cared for "keychain" style tools.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you haven't discovered this yet, once you get it all wired in, it still won't work until you have the dealership re-flash your ECU with the sales code to enable the defrost and sprayer on the CANBUS. I added it to an old '09 JK of mine without issue, but it won't do a thing until it's activated. Just a heads-up! I took a bunch of pics when I did it with the intention of making a write-up, but never put it together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts