JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is everyone's favorite place to wheel within the sunshine state?

I don't have access to private land so I have to stick with public land/WMA's. I spend a lot of time in the Ocala WMA. not because of the great wheeling but because I live about 20 minutes from it. my favorite wheeling spot is probably Richloam WMA though. i did make my first trip to Hard Rock a couple weeks ago and enjoyed myself there. it was a lot different than what i'm use too.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Not sure if you've done it, but look up Florida Outkast Group on Facebook. We go to ONF a lot, in fact there's a ride planned for the 28th.

Better yet, come on out to the Show n Shine tomorrow at the Ale House in Sanford.

5A between Volusia and Brevard is also very popular. It's best to go with a group led by someone who's familiar with the area.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if you've done it, but look up Florida Outkast Group on Facebook. We go to ONF a lot, in fact there's a ride planned for the 28th.

Better yet, come on out to the Show n Shine tomorrow at the Ale House in Sanford.

5A between Volusia and Brevard is also very popular. It's best to go with a group led by someone who's familiar with the area.
i met a couple Outkast members a few weeks ago. I sold one a set of tires, I believe one of them said he was the Vice President of the Florida chapter. I am already on Facebook with them.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
i met a couple Outkast members a few weeks ago. I sold one a set of tires, I believe one of them said he was the Vice President of the Florida chapter. I am already on Facebook with them.
Tattoos and piercings?

Good guys, just wish I could make more stuff.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tattoos and piercings?

Good guys, just wish I could make more stuff.
yes...lot's...LOL

they seemed like nice folks. I know how you feel with not making it to a lot of events and such. my work schedule prevents me from getting to a lot of stuff as well.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yeah, that's Carl. Nicest guy in the world and very smart about all things wheeling.

The cool thing about their membership criteria is its only three events in 90 days. Real easy to do because it includes anything we do such as trail rides, parties, meetings, shows or wrenching parties. There's usually 5-6 things going on a month.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
We're heading out to ONF Sunday the 22nd. Not sure if we're meeting in our usual rally spot in Altoona again, but I know we're meeting at the Kangaroo on 44 in DeLand, just West of the tracks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm off that weekend so I might be able to meet up with y'all. depends on what the wife has planned.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Favorite is Osceola NF, second Lochloosa WMA.

I have a good time every where......
Osceola NF is a good one to wheel, just a bit of a drive for me (about 2 hours each way). Lochloosa WMA was ok. my only complaint with it was it's size. it's small enough that you can ride every road in less than a day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Osceola NF is a good one to wheel, just a bit of a drive for me (about 2 hours each way). Lochloosa WMA was ok. my only complaint with it was it's size. it's small enough that you can ride every road in less than a day.
Then you may have taken the wrong trails....

Last time we went, 6 Jeeps, we did 3 miles in 5 hours....

It was a blast.

One got stuck and the rescue Jeep stuck as well then the second rescue almost....

Was a great time.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yep, second rally point in Altoona at that 'roo. Meet at 10, roll out at 10:30. If you're going, make sure you go to the Outkast page and click on the event. They're gonna break down into smaller groups and need to make sure there enough group leaders.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then you may have taken the wrong trails....

Last time we went, 6 Jeeps, we did 3 miles in 5 hours....

It was a blast.

One got stuck and the rescue Jeep stuck as well then the second rescue almost....

Was a great time.
we rode every road that was on the WMA map. it was also wet but nothing I really had to use 4wd in. I did have to lock it in 1 time but only because I played in a hole in 2wd and got stuck in 2wd. popped it in 4wd and walked out of it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, second rally point in Altoona at that 'roo. Meet at 10, roll out at 10:30. If you're going, make sure you go to the Outkast page and click on the event. They're gonna break down into smaller groups and need to make sure there enough group leaders.
i'm out. wife wants to take the kids to Aquatica. maybe another time.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Here's footage from our ride last weekend. 21 Jeeps, man. Beautiful sight! Not much mud but damn was it dusty.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ocala National Forest. Went in at CR's 42 and 439 (just East of 19 in Altoona). I'm not sure of the exact forest road numbers.

·
Registered
11 Posts

In Central Florida, for me it is:

1) Richloam WMA Eastside of CR471
2) Ocala NF, SE side St Francis Area FR27 to the River
3) Maytown Area
4) In town and close to home, NoMan’s Land aka SeaWorld, in South Orlando off of International Drive

I’m looking forward to my favorite swamp wheel-n place in Central Florida Richloam WMA, when I get home soon........

·
Registered
80 Posts
we rode every road that was on the WMA map. it was also wet but nothing I really had to use 4wd in. I did have to lock it in 1 time but only because I played in a hole in 2wd and got stuck in 2wd. popped it in 4wd and walked out of it.
Was out a week ago, at least I had some fun....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts