JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 16th, Fathers Day, we will be making a trip up to Florence. Going to run Elvis then make a quick little jog over to do Jackhandle which is a really short run.

Meeting time and place:

Where: The Valero gas station on Oracle & Golder Ranch Rd.
When: 5:30am, leaving at 5:40am

Wanna get an early start so we can beat the heat and get back home before its too late in the day. Sounds really early I know but once your on the trail you will be glad you got up at the ass crack of dawn. lol

Most of you know Elvis, bypasses on anything difficult. Jackhandle is super short and has a couple of pretty tough sections and that's about it really. Not sure I'd want to take a stock rig up there unless you don't mind breaking shit or doing body damage possibly. Would be fun just to make the run up to the trail then hang out if you didn't want to take your rig through. It's a short loop so we come out pretty much where we go in.

·
Registered
438 Posts
you flipped me off so you are grounded and cannot go..
HA..Ha..:nono-1::thefinger: Thats OK I can't go either. Jeep needs parts before it falls apart.:shaking:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
you flipped me off so you are grounded and cannot go..
That was a friendly one. :thefinger:

This however is not. :flipoff:

See the difference?

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HA..Ha..:nono-1::thefinger: Thats OK I can't go either. Jeep needs parts before it falls apart.:shaking:
I call bullshit on this one. The few things you need to do should be done before then...

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was a friendly one. :thefinger:

This however is not. :flipoff:

See the difference?
Oops...better sleep with your back to the wall now Gunny. You may wake up with something sticking out of you unexpectedly.

·
22,098 Posts
I call bullshit on this one. The few things you need to do should be done before then...
You forget James starts drinking before he starts working and by the time he figures out he is supposed to be working in jeep he says fuck it.

Oops...better sleep with your back to the wall now Gunny. You may wake up with something sticking out of you unexpectedly.
Didn't get to become a Gunnery Sergeant of Marines without looking out for that.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
662 Posts
Alright ladies, enough flirting....lets get this party started! In the Marines, they had to name an E-7, Gunnery Sargeant so that he could remember his job description. In the Navy we're called "chief". You figure it out.

Carry on

·
22,098 Posts
Alright ladies, enough flirting....lets get this party started! In the Marines, they had to name an E-7, Gunnery Sargeant so that he could remember his job description. In the Navy we're called "chief". You figure it out.

Carry on
Oh look laughing boy is going to join us.

We're in for this.

Just worried I wont be able to get enough KY in the Rotopax to go around
You might need it to get your jeep through jackhandle:thefinger:

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
580 Posts
Murray, can we get a meet point n time for the PHX folks. Last time we went looking for the Elvis Trailhead didnt have much luck.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Murray, can we get a meet point n time for the PHX folks. Last time we went looking for the Elvis Trailhead didnt have much luck.
Well a good spot to meet would be the McDonald's at the corner of HWY79 and E. Diversion Dam Rd. McD's address is 801 Arizona 79, Florence, Az 85132.

I'd say we should be there about 6:45am as long as we leave on time. As the date gets closer we can modify the time a little if needed but that should be pretty close. PM me your contact info and we will send you a text as we are pulling out of Catalina.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts