JKOwners Forum banner

Famous (Infamous) Threads About Metalcloak

18K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  joseph-98 
#1 ·
One thing we have always preached is promoting raw, unadulterated, comments and questions from customers. In fact, when you visit our website and click on The Buzz link, you have access to raw search links of every major forum.

We do this because we know there is a lot of talk on the forums, both positive and negative, and we want you to have all the feedback possible before making a decision about our products.

With that in mind, we are listing here all the threads from JKO we find of interest (all started by someone else)...

General Suspension Information & Feedback
Simply Known as "The Thread"
Metal Cloak Suspension thoughts from my POV
Sumo Springs
Metalcloak Suspension -- Video
??? About Metalcloak Duroflex Control Arms

Installs & Builds
"Boring to BadAss" JK build, in 3 days
WarMachine: the build continues- MetalCloak lift and more
HikeBikeDrive UNlimited Build/JSS 5.3 & 6L80E/MetalCloak GC
B.A.D. Wheels Build
Metal Cloak Lift Install
Tribe built Stormtrooper

Body Armor
MetalCloak fender liners WITHOUT MetalCloak fenders
Metalcloak Fenders - Show off your Pics!

If there are any threads you think should be added to this list, feel free to PM us.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

See less See more
#7 ·
So I was in a total vehicle loss accident back in Sept, right before I left for Afghanistan. Really missing my '07 JKUR, but I plan to order a '14 from AAFES before I leave here. I had a RK 3.5 X-factor on it, and call me OCD, but it drove me nuts how my CA joints would lay to the side and "flop" back and forth. I simply could NOT keep the rear/upper CAs to maintain the offset in the correct place. Any flexing and the jam nut would break free; ended up welding it in place.

Planning my build list, I came accross MetalCloak with these self-centering joints. Reading over JKOwners and the "other" forum for customer reviews, I am surprised how much unprovoked hostility they seem to get. Maybe I'm missing something, but it just seems odd to me how many random agressive post there are in MC threads. Even still, the MC guys just seem to calmly address the questions with class. Thumbs up fellas.

Looks to me like MC has great stuff, and people that have their suspension systems have nothing but great things to say about them. I'm definitely going with Metal Cloak when I get back

#9 · (Edited)
Here is mine with the Metalcloak arms installed at an RTI competition. The ride and freedom of the joints was better then I expected. Will at Metalcloak was very helpful with getting these to me last minute for the competition. Thanks guys, great product!!!

Attachments

#10 ·
Not huge flex just messing around the other day...
But my metalcloak lift is everything i wanted and a bit better then i was expecting. The thing installed in just a couple of hours and i love the anodized look of the arms...

My jeep feels like it did when it was stock minus the acceleration from the bigger tires. Does not have that lifted sway like most lifts seem to have.. i am kinda wishing i would have saved up a bit more for the 6pack kit but im happy for now with what it is :)

I most be telling everyone to go check out your website and its worth every penny...!!!!!

Well here it is

p.s if you metalcloak guys need a jeep for sema to build up... feel free to use mine lol i live in vegas and will be stopping buy your booth this year for sure!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.