JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, we (wife:), 6 yr old boy:devil: & 12 yr old daughter:innocent:) are headed out on a road/off-road trip out west in our Rubicon Unlimited. I'd like suggestions of must see trails, camping ect. We are heading out from Miami west:to the Grand Canyon and North to Yellowstone if all goes as planned. I've hear great things about Texas, Moab and the mountains of Colorado but need some specifics if possible.:bounce:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Few decent places in TX, map from the TX section listed below. Marble Falls, TX has a place named Hidden Falls which has a good campground, atv rentals, nice bathrooms/showers and some cool trails from mild to wild. They have a really nice primative camping area by a natural falls out in the park as well. This map has tons of places, pretty much have to head N, W or NW for anything decent. Northern New Mexico & Colorado has plenty of wheeling adventures, recommend Engineer Pass in CO.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=http://jeep.jtcotton.info/TX_Trails.kml&ie=UTF8&z=6

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
If you do stop at the grand canyon there are great trails in Central Arizona to run, even in Sedona! When are you traveling through?

Jason

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Imogene pass and Yankee Boy basin in Colorado are supposed to be good and simple to do with kids.
There are alot more but not sure about with kids.
I am heading up to Colorado for 9 days of camping in the San Juan mountains and plan on hitting as many runs as possible in July.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Maybe I'll run into you somewhere along the way, I'm leaving from south jersey on the 5th and heading to sacramento, then down to the grand canyon and hittin moab on the way back north.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Imogene pass and Yankee Boy basin in Colorado are supposed to be good and simple to do with kids.
There are alot more but not sure about with kids.
Those would work! as well as others in the Ouray/Silverton/Lake City area
You might consider, California Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Corkscrew, Engineer Pass,and Govenor Basin.

Near Leadville- Mosquito Pass
Between Buena Vista and Crested Butte- Italian Creek, Taylor Pass,and Tincup Pass
Near Vail- Mcallister Gulch & Ptarmigan Pass

Look at traildamage.com for info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts