JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some input on the Falken Wildpeak MT (dot). I have read a few reviews and chunking was a problem. Also I have read where tread life is 20,000 to 25,000 miles! Whos is running these tires and what are your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Im looking for some input on the Falken Wildpeak MT (dot). I have read a few reviews and chunking was a problem. Also I have read where tread life is 20,000 to 25,000 miles! Whos is running these tires and what are your thoughts.

Thanks
thats results from the MT-01 comp tire , right ? If not, that would surprise me with what Falken learned from EVERYONE in the industry running those the past few years before this year even st KOH . Plus, the Wildpeak AT was like bombproof ...I haven't heard much about the DOT release MT1 but seems to contradict everything Falken has come to represent ...the low mileage I heard about the very soft comp tires in that range but certainly no chunking ... maybe someone is running the consumer tire..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's is what I read about the "hard compound" DOT tire. I'm more concerned about the tread life than the chunking

·
Registered
59 Posts
I read the same thing. Turned me off to these tires. I saw a specific thread on another thread from a guy in AZ (where I'm from) running a pretty basic trail, and he shredded the lugs. I was considering these but I will either go with the BFG k/o2 or the maxxis razr m/t instead after learning about the lack of quality that these tires were built with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts