JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m looking to swap my hardtop with one that has factory tinted windows but now I’m thinking about the rear glass doors any idea where I can find the rear door windows tinted with out having to go to Jeep? I know I can have the windows tinted. I just don’t like the film I rather pay and have factory tints.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have the glass replaced. Call SafeLite or some other auto glass company. I'd think replacing the glass would cheaper than buying doors.
Yes that what I'm planing on doing. I called around and I can get the glass from 120 to 200 a side.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not just get them tinted?
They get scratched, or fade, or come off and most of the times if you try to redo the rear one you mess up the defroster. Plus having them tinted with good tint is not cheap, so if I have to pay $120 per rear door to replace the glass and $300 or so to trade tops with someone that has factory tints I think it’s a good idea.

I had the front windows tinted on my WJ years ago and now they are so faded and to remove the old tint is a pain. So I only want to worry about the front tints. By the way my WJ has factory tints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.