JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to upgrade my stereo and have been reading some of the threads about it, and the issues with the factory head unit and factory amp. My question is could I use the factory amp to power only the factory sub or another sub, Is it strong enough or should I just scrap it?

· Registered
1,136 Posts
The power supply to the factory amp is controlled through the computer. Best is new amp as well powered direct to battery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
1,136 Posts
No problem. This subject is just getting old as its been an issue since 07 when they integrated the stereo systems into the computers. There has been a lot of experimentation and whole websites dedicated to the MyGig and such. People have swapped factory amps from Dodge Nitro/Jeep Liberty to JK soon to realize that it was the computer that was changing the output to/from the amp depending on whether you had hardtop or softtop on among other things.
So the only real solutions turned out to be either live with it or change out the whole system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.