JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase a Factory Service Manual.

I like to have one as a reference for all my vehicles, and with the mod'ing going on with the JK, it is necessary.

Thanks for helping me out!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i got my set from the Faxon Literature eBay store. they sell "blemished" copies much lower than new from dealer. the only thing wrong with mine is that the covers are a little scuffed.

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
Why not just buy the CD for $8.99?
So did you actually get the $8.99 online version of of eBay? I've seen it before and it just has seemed one of those "seems to good to be true" situations.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
The factory manual on CD is something like $125. It's poorly organized, scant information much of the time, too, but pretty much essential if you're going in deep. I'd concur with others to look on Ebay first. While I love online or PC-based information transfer, working in a greasy shop with a PC is not my idea of fun. I'd rather just have a paper manual I can dog ear & tag. Editorial rant over, and yes, I am an old fart.

Edit to add that I used to work for a manufacturer and one of my jobs was developing technical information for technicians. This stuff from Mopar for the JK wouldn't have made it past my staff's first review. Kinda what happens when a manufacturer is bankrupt and the people who got them in that mess to begin with start cutting staff & budgets.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd rather just have a paper manual I can dog ear & tag. Editorial rant over, and yes, I am an old fart.

its called a printer..then u can dog ear ,tag ,cover n grease and when it gets to bad u can throw it away and do it all over again..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
am I overthinking this?

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

all 500 something pages of it.. if you print 4 to a page double sided, it's only like 60 pages..
Sure you can download and print the free owner's manual but the OP is asking for the Service manual which is $199. via that link. I bought mine off e-bay as well for 5.00 bucks. Although mine was a download to the comp.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
its called a printer..then u can dog ear ,tag ,cover n grease and when it gets to bad u can throw it away and do it all over again..
I'm with sok on this one. Guess it's just personal preference, I like to flip the pages... and I can always copy certain sections.

If it was a searchable format it woud be a different story.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I'm with sok on this one. Guess it's just personal preference, I like to flip the pages... and I can always copy certain sections.

If it was a searchable format it woud be a different story.
I like hard copies to work with, but prefer electronic for storage and print as many copies as necessary to work with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone still have a copy of the service manual? I'm a newbie and can't see the link in the gentleman's signature.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much! However, since I have not posted enough comments, I only see this
where the links you mentioned would be:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Could you possibly post the links? I have a 2008. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts