JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 07 but it is my understanding the remote start on the 08's is plug and play. All you add is the antenea but the dealer must reprogram the computer to recognize the new system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just bought an 08 without factory remote start.

The dealer said the factory system with the button in the key could not be added but they could add the Mopar remote system.

That is scheduled for this coming Friday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer added the factory system (with 2 new keys). The only thing that wasn't plug-n-play was a pin switch that senses if the hood is open. I use it all the time here in the Snow Capital of NY!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a 2007 and also was wondering about a factory remote start. was it a factory option in 2007?

·
Registered
630 Posts
This is the first new vehicle in awhile that does not have remote start. Our new Chrysler 300 has it and i love it. When I ordered the Jeep it was coming with it... LONG STORY!!! But this one does not have it. I was thinking of adding the remote start i remember seeing it being around 200 bucks or something. I would really like it to be built in to the key though like the factory Chrysler remote start is.

A

·
0 Posts
I have an aftermarket remote start on the key that also sweeps snow off the Jeep. Her name is Kathy :laughing::laughing:

OK, so "his" name is really Alec :bawling:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
When I got my 07 it came with remote start, but I bought mine used... I guess the guy that had it before me had the remote start installed... I guess that it would come in handy for me if I actually used it..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am planning on adding a viper alarm to my jeep and I allready have the factory remote start. My question is will the viper remote start the Jeep or will I have to walk around with two remotes (Viper alarm, factory start)

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you have an 08 and add remote start, is is factory style, built into the key. I did some checking into it when I was looking, but the JK I bought had remote start already, so I didn't have to add it. If you look at the kit instructions on the Mopar site, you'll see it comes with new keys, and they have to StarScan IIRC to activate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats kinda what I figured, mine came with the factory start also but with the new alarm I still have to carry the key that has lock/unlock start and panick built in so another remote is no big deal. I just wanted to be able to opperate all commands from 1 remote. Not start and unlock from factory key then unarm alarm from viper remote if you KWIM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts