JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the added weight of stubby bumper and winch, my front end is sagging like the bosom of a 90 y/o granny.
I installed the leveling kit soon after purchasing the jk, and all was fine and dandy till the bumper/winch dropped it down. My question is what can I do to get it back up and inch and a half or two, without going to a new lift ?

My plans down the road are to lift it 3.5 inches, regear and run 37 inch tires but for the time being I'll stick with the 33x12.50s and stockish height without the rake.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
What number are your coils?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Since your front coils are already 17s, I don't think even putting in the 10A 68196006AA front springs would get you 1.5 inches. Probably going to need to purchase real front lift coils. Maybe something like the Synergy 2" coils and if you need a little more you can add some small coil spacers.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Curious, compared to this number what do you measure ? ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1438374164.659206.jpg

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Curious, compared to this number what do you measure ?

Also the distance from tire to fender flare in front measure's 5 inches and rear is 5.5

It looks worse than a half inch rake to me, but that's what it measured.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Why is it called a rake?
rake( 3rd definition)
rāk/Submit
verb
verb: rake; 3rd person present: rakes; past tense: raked; past participle: raked; gerund or present participle: raking
set (something, especially a stage or the floor of an auditorium) at a sloping angle.
(of a ship's mast or funnel) incline from the perpendicular toward the stern.
(of a ship's bow or stern) project at its upper part beyond the keel.
noun
noun: rake; plural noun: rakes
the angle at which a thing slopes.
the angle of the edge or face of a cutting tool.

Momma, from the factory, the JK/JKUs have a pronounced lower front rake that Chrysler set for aerodynamic efficiency ( Ha!) or at least some effort to do so; when lifting these, most prefer to eliminate this so the stance is even back-to-front. They look silly all jacked-up in the rear so many folks begin by buying a levelling kit to eliminate it and make the stance level.....f*ck aerodynamics.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
rake( 3rd definition)
rāk/Submit
verb
verb: rake; 3rd person present: rakes; past tense: raked; past participle: raked; gerund or present participle: raking
set (something, especially a stage or the floor of an auditorium) at a sloping angle.
(of a ship's mast or funnel) incline from the perpendicular toward the stern.
(of a ship's bow or stern) project at its upper part beyond the keel.
noun
noun: rake; plural noun: rakes
the angle at which a thing slopes.
the angle of the edge or face of a cutting tool.

Momma, from the factory, the JK/JKUs have a pronounced lower front rake that Chrysler set for aerodynamic efficiency ( Ha!) or at least some effort to do so; when lifting these, most prefer to eliminate this so the stance is even back-to-front. They look silly all jacked-up in the rear so many folks begin by buying a levelling kit to eliminate it and make the stance level.....f*ck aerodynamics.
Thanks! I had no idea. Good to know!

Plus, 40 some odd years and I didn't know there were more than one definition for rake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
look at the JKS brand ACOS PRO leveling system. you can adjust each corner as needed to maintain level.

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts