JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Need a bigger pic

But really that isn't really ready for failure just yet, unless the boot is torn. When you add a lift it can work the grease around and slip through the clamp. It can also tear the boot and then you don't stand much of a chance.

It can be serviced...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61254

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
:thefinger:Is it just the angle that is doing it so once the new shaft is install no more worries or do I have toadjust control arms different
You'll need to dial the pinion angle in, that new shaft is much less forgiving than the factory CV joint as far as vibes go.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is the factory front driveshaft at the transfer case...Has anybody had the issue of the grease coming out? I have a new JE Reel DS but am curious what is going on..It is on a 3.5 lift with Rock Krawler control arms
I had that problem..only running a 3" teraflex on a JKU...I installed a Tom Woods and it actually drives better. no pinion angle problems or caster..its sits perfectly on 35's

Also on stock control arms..

sent from the mall parking lot while Coating my tires with Armor All...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had that problem..only running a 3" teraflex on a JKU...I installed a Tom Woods and it actually drives better. no pinion angle problems or caster..its sits perfectly on 35's

Also on stock control arms..

Cool my concern was I just installed Rock Krawler control arms and brought it in to get Alligment but just have notices the grease and it looks real fresh...If it is just an issue with stock DS no big deal but I also don't want to mess up a new aftermarket DS

·
Registered
180 Posts
I noticed it after a trail ride, crawling under it looking for damage...

I just went ahead and pulled the trigger..Driving to Jeepbeach in a few months. last thing need is a DS going out at 75 mph...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.