JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, first is first, my soft top is stretched again, and for no reason. Call to see if they can do any thing about it.... Nothing, ok no big deal. So I ask about an engine clatter update and the guy seemed baffeled. Said there was no notes except when they replaced the cam and lifters.... That's why they replaced them you moron. So after that he said my jeep is the only jeep of millions making the engine clatter noise... So I proceeded to tell him to google "jeep Jk engine clatter". He came up with more bs and reiterated that I was the only one he has seen with this problem and doesn't see further notes of it still making the noise. So they fucked me..... They didn't write any of the notes they said they did and Fucking lied to me....but ha... I still have every single bit of paper work.... Any ideas of what I should and could do?

Neve go to that rat fuck of a dealer.... Ever!!! It's off of College north of harmony

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
? Did you seriously take your jeep to the dealership because while in your custody the soft top scratched?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read again...his top is STRETCHED and not scratched. ;)
Yes, thank you. It is stretched to the point where it's almost halfway off and won't seat back in.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Could you contact chrysler and tell them your issues aren't being taken care of at the dealer level?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I'n not implying this is what happened, but this is what happened to my old soft top: When I put up the top one time, the strap that connects the bows between the b and c pillars on the drivers side got wrapped around the b pillar. I didn't realize it, the top was a little difficult to put up that time. The next time I put the top down/up the strapped was stretched and no longer fit properly.

could this have been your issue? Have you tried adjusting the strap locations to tighten it up?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you contact chrysler and tell them your issues aren't being taken care of at the dealer level?
Did that, explain below
Could you post pics? I'm not following what's actually happened.
I'll try and get a pic this weekend. My iPhone doesn't upload pics

Call Chrysler let them know about what's going on with your motor and what the dealer is doing to you. I know people that had success with the factory when the dealer shot down there clame.
I called chrystler and they said "well, you seem to be the only one with engine clatter" and also, " since your top was warrantied, you would have to pay for a new top".... Not to happy with chrystler

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Chrysler;)

Is your clatter just at startup? What oil and filter are you using, do any of the known good filter options make any difference at all? Also I'm not sure I understand why they would need to see notes of it making noise, can they not hear it?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Chrysler Customer Service is an outside contract company that is just a go between. Go to another dealer and be nice. If nothing is done at that time ask the servoce manager if you, him and the area rep can meet sometime to discuss the matter.
Remember: BE NICE:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Read again...his top is STRETCHED and not scratched. ;)

Oh sorry MY mistake, still doesn't make sense to me :shaking: Did the dealership do something to make this happen?
Soft tops stretch and scratch it is a major drawback... :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chrysler;)

Is your clatter just at startup? What oil and filter are you using, do any of the known good filter options make any difference at all? Also I'm not sure I understand why they would need to see notes of it making noise, can they not hear it?
Yeah at start up but I know the general things to make it stop. I was seeing if Chrysler had any update on it.

Oh sorry MY mistake, still doesn't make sense to me :shaking: Did the dealership do something to make this happen?
Soft tops stretch and scratch it is a major drawback... :thefinger:
The dealer replaced my top once because the back sails( between rear window) got stretched and wouldn't stay seated in the channel. Now the new top is doing the same. If some one would help, I will send a pic and some one could upload it for me.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Pretty sure the top is a 3/36, and if you have an 08, they will likely tell you to go stick it. Plus didn't you have an ORH fastback SUT top? Maybe something happened while it was sitting around in storage. It is the original soft top they replaced right?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you have the windows out they WILL come out. It's the nature of the beast.
Sorry:shaking:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I concur.

I have had 3 different soft tops and they all came loose when all the rear windows were out. I thought my tub shrunk. :rimshot:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I concur.

I have had 3 different soft tops and they all came loose when all the rear windows were out. I thought my tub shrunk. :rimshot:
mine don't... picked up my 08 in Oct. 07, windows are out for the majority of the late fall and early spring and I run door/windowless in the height of summer. Like I said earlier, the only time I ever had an issue with my old top was when one of the straps got wrapped around the rear bow... it caused that strap to stretch.

Simple solution would be to pop the rivets that hold the straps to the bow and shorten the strap a hair, re-rivet. Should tighten it right up, just make sure you do both or it will cockeye your top

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pretty sure the top is a 3/36, and if you have an 08, they will likely tell you to go stick it. Plus didn't you have an ORH fastback SUT top? Maybe something happened while it was sitting around in storage. It is the original soft top they replaced right?
Yes, had one. This one I have now is the warrantied soft top after the first one stretched.

Windows are in

mine don't... picked up my 08 in Oct. 07, windows are out for the majority of the late fall and early spring and I run door/windowless in the height of summer. Like I said earlier, the only time I ever had an issue with my old top was when one of the straps got wrapped around the rear bow... it caused that strap to stretch.

Simple solution would be to pop the rivets that hold the straps to the bow and shorten the strap a hair, re-rivet. Should tighten it right up, just make sure you do both or it will cockeye your top
Thanks for the idea but I really don't wanna mess with it that much. I will probably just buy another top or just deal with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts