JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, this is the only issue I have had with PayPal after using it for several years. Second, I have contacted PayPal and they have addmitted the mistake and are going to make it right. Bottom line is it should not have happened in the first palce.

I recently purchased an item from another member here in the amount of $222 (item, shipping, paypal fees). It was a more than fair price for the item. I used my paypal account tied to my bank to transfer the funds to him. No big deal. This morning I get six (6) emails from paypal stating "insufficient funds"!! WTF? I log onto my bank account to find PayPal had debited my account eight (8) times in twelve minutes for the entire sum of $222! Grand Total just shy of $2k!! :pissed:

I call PayPal and very politely tell them the issue and give them both their transaction number and the transaction number from the bank. I am apologised to profusely and told they will make it right. Ok, not a huge deal, this account is set up for PayPal use only anyway. I call the bank to let them know what happened and they agree to wave the overdraft fees as it was a mistake. Great, everything is working out fine! Now I log back onto my bank account and find PayPal is trying to asses me six returned check fees of $29 each!!! WTF AGAIN!!!

Anyways I called PayPal again and they say they will fix it and return the fees, but it can take up to 14 days! I am just happy I was smart enough to make a seperate account for PayPal use and that it wasnt tied to my normal bank account!

Moral of the story is to check your accounts closley when using PayPal!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks for the warning... I switched my primary pay-pal from bank debit to a credit card recently just to avoid the "computer stutter" drain the account issue. It made me nervous. Its good to know my paranoia is not unfounded.

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
Like your idea of a separate account, but I went the route of only linking a CC to my Paypal account. I've had PayPal issues a couple of times. Twice screwed (though fixed by CC company) and now I'm permanently gunshy of PayPal - hate having to use them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
This is why I dont use it, I would rather pay full price or pay a little extra vs using paypal.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Im with ya! I try to avoid paypal at all costs.

I had an experience where I bought a Program for my mac and a year later I got a new computer so I wanted to re-download the program to it. I contacted the company and they said they had no records of my purchase. Come to find out the guy I was communicating with sent me a payment request from his personal account (similar to the name of the company) and left the company shortly afterward.

So I call PayPal to dispute the fraudulent charge. I get a guy in India who's reading off a word sheet and got nowhere. They never did anything for me.

To end my story, I sent an email to the asshole that I paid for he program and he helped me with the reinstall and an upgrade.

:thefinger: [email protected]#! PayPal! :thefinger:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts