JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing for extra fuel and water storage ? Please post pics on extra fuel fuel and water storage out of vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Extra Water

What are you guys doing for extra fuel and water storage ? Please post pics on extra fuel fuel and water storage out of vehicle.
I've just been carrying powered water, but I lost the instructions and I don't know what to add to it. :shaking:

·
Registered
313 Posts
The long ranger tanks are really nice units - good quality products.

For water storage I put a flexible 70 liter water bladder in the rear under floor storage area, or in the rear seat foot well - depends how long we are going to be away from civilisation for.

I'm a big fan of keeping liquid weight as low as possible in the vehicle...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've just been carrying powered water, but I lost the instructions and I don't know what to add to it. :shaking:
Be careful when you open the container in the wind. The last time I did it , the stuff blew away before I could mix it.:pissed:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
LOD Rear Stubby Bumper/Tire Carrier with Gerry Can Holders and Trail Rack

·
Registered
535 Posts
They need to make a Long Ranger for the 2 door JK's...ive also been working on my own water system...first it was going to replace the soundbar up top but that would have been too top heavy. Now I am looking at redirecting my exhaust to make room for a water tank in the rear right behind the bumper. Was thinking access would be made to it by cutting out the storage "pit" in the back.

·
Registered
313 Posts
There are apparently a few development versions of the 2-dr tank installed - should be mainstream release sometime soon.

Why not just use the storage pit in the back?
- the soft water bladders fit into the space pretty well, and mean that you don't need to cut anything out.

·
Registered
535 Posts
There are apparently a few development versions of the 2-dr tank installed - should be mainstream release sometime soon.

Why not just use the storage pit in the back?
- the soft water bladders fit into the space pretty well, and mean that you don't need to cut anything out.
Because the pit itself will only fit maybe...2 gallons? Just an estimate off the top of my head. I want bit more than that. I want to be able to have at least 10 gallons available for camping trips and long rides at all times. The only problem with that is 10 gallons = 80 lbs and whether or not that much weight in the back will be an issue. Also gotta worry about the weight of the container. Im thinking stainless steel. Plastic would break too easy and become even more fragile over time. Stainless lasts a lifetime. Even if I got about 6 gallons I would be happy. Basically I want the equivalent of 1-2 Gerry cans of water.

·
Registered
313 Posts
We have one bladder that normally lives in the hole in the back, for longer camping trips we lay it across the whole width of the vehicle behind the front seats - it's tough enough to stand on and holds 90 liters of water if it is completely full and folds up into a small package when empty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts