JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got new wheels/tires mounted 33 12.50 15 Wrangler Duratracs on 15x10 American Racing AR172 wheels for my 2012 JKUR (with no sensor) . I haven’t installed them yet but from what the tire guys says it’s gonna show that annoying TPMS warning light on my dash at all times. I know this might be a dumb question but do y’all know if there’s a good universal external TPMS out there that’ll be compatible with JK computer? Tires are already mounted on the wheels so I don’t wanna pay double just to get TPMS installed. So I’m looking for external ones I can put myself. I know some of you guys out there like to disable The whole setting but I’d like to keep electrical things pretty much factory. Help me out guys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Local tire shop quoted me $150 per tire to install & program external TPMS sensor. Sounds ridiculous considering the fact that I don’t really NEED them. But it does bug me to have that light on the dash & thought maybe there will be a cheaper more reliable option/s out there. I see some cheap ones on eBay/Amazon selling them but I’m not sure if they’re reliable. Has anyone used them before (external TPMS sensor)? If so what brand? How did it work on a long run? If I can’t figure anything out I’ll probably wear these ones out then probably get OEM ones when I mount new set of tires. But that probably won’t be for another 2 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts