JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my new Jeep in October. Last Week I got a letter from Chrysler offering a Life time Warranty on the thing. I called the number on the page and it costs 3619.00 and covers the vehicle for as long as I own it. It covers everything except wear items and is not voided by after market mods unless they can be proven to cause the issue. My jeep is a 2014 2 Door Rubicon. the Deductible is 100.00 on the thing. I am wondering if anyone else has had it offered and if it is actually worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I heard about it also and was trying to look it up but didn't see anything that said a definitive "lifetime coverage." Does it cost more for a brand new vehicle or a nearing end of warranty vehicle?

·
Mall Crawler Extraordinaire
97 Posts
I posted a little about this in another thread......http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219361 I bought mine when I bought the Jeep used and I paid $4,500 for it because of the miles and age of the rig. I haven't used it yet luckily but mine is covered until 2091 or a million miles. I regret it slightly due to getting the mod bug bad and being forced to more or less leave it stock-ish, but I'm sure that will change the first time I have to take it in for a repair and the bill is in the $1,000's and it only costs me $100....combine that with the fact that I have no plans to ever get rid of this pig and it makes for peace of mind knowing it will always get fixed.....hopefully:th_pray: And as far as it being worth the extra cost....well...it depends on your plans for the Jeep and how long you intend to own it. I looked at it from the stand point of the radio alone costs $2500 (taken to dealer and installed there) not to mention all the other electronics plus hardware (axels, transfer case, lockers, engine etc.) and it was a no brainer for me. Like I said, I don't intend on getting rid of it and the warranty will pay for itself within the first few repairs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got it with mine new in June of 2009, I also purchased the Chrysler Max Care. to date I have had just over 12,000$ worth of warranty work done including but not limited to....a new auto trans, cracked exhaust manifold, trans lines, 3 front axle seals, 2 front U joints at the wheel hubs, 1 new wheel hub, 5 ...yes 5 new nav radios..3 clock springs, i'm sure there is more but I can't remember right now. If I didn't have the extra coverage this Jeep would have been sold in the spring of 2010.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts